May 29, 2024, 02:23:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sequence notes still play even if TRIG is set to off...  (Read 2785 times)

kokocalamar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Sequence notes still play even if TRIG is set to off...
« on: September 22, 2010, 03:39:16 pm »
There's something about the sequencer that I don't understand.

I was under the impression that if a step's trigger button is off, that step wouldn't produce any sound. But the fact is that it does.

If I have a sequence where no trigger buttons are lit, it will still play that sequences notes, if you press and hold a key.

What am I missing here?.. (I'm sure it's something fundamental that I've managed to ignore...)

Thanks.

Philippe

Re: Sequence notes still play even if TRIG is set to off...
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 04:13:58 pm »
The Origin sequencer is an (emulation of) analog step sequencer. It means that there's always a "signal" at its output. The level of this signal is controlled by the step value (that you can edit with the sequencer's encoders). The trig and the accent are additional control outputs which have no effect on the step output value. The "trig" can be used to trigger an enveloppe (or any other module that have a TRIG input), while the "accent" is a simple A-D envelope signal usually connected to an FM or RM filter input.
Origin Lead  Developer

kokocalamar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 04:19:41 pm »
Ok, so there's no way to make it "shut up" on the steps that have their TRIG buttons off, except by adjusting the decay of the sound, so that it would naturally disappear (based on it's amp envelope) in between steps?

Thanks.

Philippe

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 05:14:11 pm »
You can connect the step output of sequence 2 or 3 to a VCA AM input and sets the step value to the minimum. That should close the VCA for the steps with these min values. This is also doable with the SEQ1 but this sequence is automatically connected to the oscillators FM inputs.
Origin Lead  Developer

kokocalamar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 06:20:47 pm »
Thank you, that did the trick it seems.

Now Philip, please go back and continue work on 1.3!! ;)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines