April 28, 2024, 12:19:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Patch release date for MiniMg V 2.0?  (Read 2668 times)

gtc1973

Patch release date for MiniMg V 2.0?
« on: August 01, 2010, 07:19:40 pm »
Hello,
When will Arturia be releasing a patch to correct software defects in MiniMg version 2.0? (And other V synths for that matter)
I'd like to start out by saying that I'm really impressed with the interface and overall sound quality of the MiniMg V. However, after using it for only a brief time I've encountered a few issues.
1) Presets seem to get corrupted and/or overwritten. For instance, after loading a number of presets I was unable to recall the correct TEMP_OSC_1 preset. I actually had to reinstall the software to get that back. After I reinstalled the software the new bank that I had previously created was somehow populated with the presets from the G.Darcey bank (the bank just above the one I created in the menu). I then created a patch and saved it. When I restarted the application, the Template bank was gone and replaced by some duplicated banks. This is a really difficult problem to overcome rendering the software almost unusable for custom user created presets. I'm going to try wiping out the previous installation and reinstalling again.
2) Both the stand-alone application and the VST plugin have crashed on me numerous times. I'm using SONAR 8.5 on Windows 7.
3) When running as a stand-alone application (and maybe VST plugin too), the miniMg V 2.0 stops producing sound completely. Restarting the application doesn't even fix the problem. However, I am able to successfully start up and play the other V synths such as the prophet V.

My system configuration is:
Core 2 Duo ~2.13 GHz
4 Gbytes of RAM
DAW: Sonar 8.5
Audio Interface: Digitech GNX3000 ASIO Driver

Thanks in advance,
Geoffrey
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 09:48:58 pm by gtc1973 »

Denis

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice
    • Arturia
Re: Patch release date for MiniMg V 2.0?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 11:07:39 am »
Hi Geoffrey,

Which set up did you choose when using the standalone mode? Please give a try to your MiniMg V using your computer soundcard or a Direct X protocol (this will bring some useful elements).

Concerning your problems with Sonar 8.5.

Our plugs are 32 bits only and we cannot warranty they will work properly using a 64 bits host.

Anyway, you can try to use Arturia plugs with the Sonar 8.5. BitBridge function. This function should enable 32 bits plug-ins to work on this 64 bits environment. Once again, we cannot warranty it will work properly.

Let me know if it worked,

Kind regards,

Denis

Denis / Arturia Tech. Support

gtc1973

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 08:27:24 pm »
Hi Denis,
I should have also mentioned that I'm running 32-bit Win 7 so this isn't a 64bit related issue.
I couldn't get the GNX3000 WDM driver to work with Sonar 8.5 on Win 7 so I've been using the ASIO driver when working within Sonar. It seems to be working very well in general. I could try using the WDM driver when running the miniMg V in stand alone mode and see how that works. I tried using my sound card but I get poor results. Lots of drop out past 4 voice polyphony and the overall sound quality isn't great when it does work.
For the preset issue, I did end up deleting the previous installation and reinstalling. Things seem to be working now but I'm concerned that the problem may resurface. That definitely seemed like a bug as I didn't do anything out of the ordinary to trigger that.

Denis

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice
    • Arturia
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 11:47:03 am »
Hi Geoffrey,

Please don't hesitate to contact Technical Support next time you face a problem.

Anyway, i'm happy for you that it works now!

Cheers,

Denis
Denis / Arturia Tech. Support

pedrosura

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 12:29:27 pm »
Hi Geoffrey,
I have an identical preset problem... Did it get solved? Hot did you. Delete and reinstalled. Anything special. I need to get it resolved. V1.6 was flawless and now v2 is giving me preset corrupted problems..seems like a bug. All other Arturia softsynths have them all, work perfectly

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines