April 28, 2024, 05:06:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: JP8V overloading in windows 7 x64  (Read 3859 times)

MIke_M

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
JP8V overloading in windows 7 x64
« on: December 24, 2009, 03:44:57 am »
I am having some bad luck with my Jupiter 8v.

In both Standalone and VST, I am getting serious overloading. In my host (Sonar 8.5.2 PE) the CPU usage in nill (same in the Task Manager with the standalone..no load) but the load meter in Jupiter 8V is very high, to the point of not playing. Even sitting idle, it runs about 40%.

Only lowering the polyphony to 4 notes gets into about 70%-80% range. Setting my latency to the max, does not help. No other VST I own, Arturia or otherwise, does this.

I am using a AMD  Phenom II 955 X4 with 4 GB of 1066 RAM so my computer is powerful enough. My interface is an Edirol UA-25EX.

Any help would be appreciated.

Redsoul

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: JP8V overloading in windows 7 x64
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 04:45:11 am »
so are you using a quad core : dual core or just a regular computer with lots of ram..

* meaning for years I was using an older computer and just updated the ram and (thought) I would be ok... 

you really need at least a dual core to be free if not a quad core...

MIke_M

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 03:47:22 am »
No, It is a real Quad core. It is an AMD 955 Phenom Black Edition 3.0 Ghz (o/ced to 3.5Ghz) with 4 gig of 1066 DDR2 OCZ Ram o/ced as well.

But let me update you as to the problem.  It appears if you use the AMD Cool and Quiet BIOS setting (which in some boards is a default setting) it will turn down your clock speed. In this case it made it 800 Mgz and it ran like crap. I just stumbled upon it by Search the web for "800 Mhz and AMD". Once I changed the setting, it ran great.

But I still went back to 32 bit for now.  Some of the VSTs I use acted quirky and I could not access ACT (in onar 8.5 PE) in any converted VSTs. Aslo Waldorf Edition will not boot up and since I have songs in the works that use these VSTs, I decided to go back to 32 bit until more VSTs become compatible.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 03:49:10 am by MIke_M »

Redsoul

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 04:15:19 am »
excuse my ignorance with the 64 windows.  I just got my new machine a few weeks ago.  ... but I had an issue with my sound card, got an updated 64 version/driver but do hear pops from time to time..

is their a setting with the new windows 64 bit to adjust it to make it only 32 bit...

sounds like that is what your doing..? 

yes?

MIke_M

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 12:07:37 am »
Well what I did was reinstall  Window 7 32 bit version and then reinstall all my software. So now all my drivers and programs are running 32 bit on a 32 bit operating system.

I will try 64 bit again in the spring but for now I have a project I MUST get finished and so 32 bit is running well enough.:)

I want to go 64 bit but there has to be a bit more support for it. I run all VSTs, no outboard gear whatsoever, so having them work right is very important to me.

As for your problem with your sound card, what software are you running and what type of soundcard do you have? Was the soundcard working okay before going 64 bit?

Redsoul

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 12:52:20 am »
running an echo gina. http://www.echoaudio.com/Products/Discontinued/Gina24/index.php

yes it was perfect before getting my new computer.

It wouldn't read at all, I went to the echo site : which discontinued the sound card but did provide a vista/64 update...

so more or less I may have to buy another sound card to directly correct this issue.  I have another usb sound card and that seem to be working perfectly when tested on the 64.

MIke_M

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 02:51:12 am »
Yeah, I had the same problem here. I was using an T.C. Eletronic Konnekt 6 but they had no Windows 7 driver...not in 32 or 64.

I went andrented an Edirol Ua25-ex and WOW! It blow the T.C. out of the water. Better latency (way better)and the overall sound is better too.

T.C. now has a 7 32/64 driver which I tried but the latency still better in the Edirol and the T.C. clicks a bit here and there.

I am going to sell off the T.C. and buy the Edirol. I am using and Edirol keyboard and running Sonar so I might as well go all the way ! :D

Redsoul

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 08:52:57 am »
luckily after reading this : and/or going to their site to get you the link above...

they actually have a BRAND NEW updated download : dated 12-9 for specifically the windows 7...

it really seems to have helped leaps and bounds...  perhaps they will make another update this year...

but I fell blessed I had this discussion with you because I may have never gone back for some time..

thanks !!

MIke_M

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 12:34:11 am »
Glad I was able to help! :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines