April 27, 2024, 12:49:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Constant Crashing  (Read 1530 times)

mortar

Constant Crashing
« on: August 08, 2009, 04:25:57 pm »
I obtained AF with the "10 Year" suite, installed it in the proper sequence, installed the 2.2 update, and yet it crashed three times within two hours!  Ironically, all the individual synths work just great;  Only Analog Factory consistantly bombs out..

I have a fairly well-speced system:  Intel Quad-core CPU, four gigs RAM, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum sound card.

Any ideas on what's happening would be appreciated.  Thanks.

danni

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Constant Crashing
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 11:44:29 pm »
hi,
af has a tendency to crash alot with me as well, especially when used as a plug in or when scrolling through the preset whilst holding the notes on the keyboard, some sounds don't even load and you have to go backwards to hear them. i am using a 2.66 dual core i mac with 4gb ram. the system is 3weeks old so its not like its out of date! i am on my second keyboard as there was a prob with the mod wheel on the first. when i do have a crash or non load then i usually do a firmware reset as well which is done by holding down the 2 octave/preset buttons whilst turning the keyboard on. if you dont have the keyboard i guess its just a case of quitting af and restarting.
its a great bit of kit when it works but boy does it have drawbacks!!
regards
danni ::)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines