April 27, 2024, 09:59:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Authorization code?  (Read 6470 times)

timpossible

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Authorization code?
« on: July 21, 2009, 07:21:01 pm »
Hey - so I just bought the Jupiter 8 plug, but to save on shipping Audiomidi.com said they could just open the box for me and give me the serial # to authorize the plug with...

So I buy the software (online), receive the serial number, and now when I register with Arturia it still tells me I need an "Authorization code". 

What is it?  Where is it? How do I get it?

Arturia's tech support haven't answered any of my inquiries so far.

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
Re: Authorization code?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 01:00:32 am »
The 32-digit Jupiter-8V authorization code (starts with 0240) was provided via AudioMIDI.com on July 21st.

Sean

mellowdrone

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 12:36:40 am »
Exactly the same.
i just bought Jupiter-8V at guitar center and the license card is 16 digits
the elicenser is 32 digits.
where do i get this 32 digit code?
this is the most inefficient install ive ever encountered.

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 08:27:11 pm »
When you purchase the boxed version of Jupiter-8V from a store, you do not need the 32-digit authorization code, because the included USB-eLicenser dongle is already authorized.
You just need the 16-digit License number to register your software, so you can get the Jupiter-8V2 update free when it is released later this year.

Stiller

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 05:14:37 pm »
Oh, now I know why I can't start many softsynths. Am I right that the authorizations are on the included usb key?
I did not plug it in, becasue I thought I could use my steinberg one.
Is there a way to transfer the linceses from one key to another? I do not want to have more than one elicenser keys.

Stiller

Stiller

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 05:23:46 pm »
Ok, via drag & drop in the license center...

Digimax

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 01:22:36 am »
I'm having the same problem.  I too bought the Jupiter 8v at Guitar Center.  I installed the software from the CD, except Syncrosoft since I already had it installed from the Korg Legacy Collection.  I believe I have the latest Syncrosoft program installed. I also have the dongle connected to my computer.  When I try to open the J8v I get the following error.

When I open syncrosoft center, I see this:

I don't see Jupiter there activated.  I thought I was supposed to download an activation code for the dongle to get activated like I did with the Korg Collection.

Even though I already have Syncrosoft installed, I tried to install it again from the Arturia CD hoping the activation code would come from there, but it tells me it can't install (syncrosoft) because my OS is too old and that I need 10.3 or newer.  I actually have 10.6.  I've also reinstalled the J8v one more time without any success to get it to work.

I thought maybe the dongle needed drivers like it says in the error message above, but I couldn't find any of that stuff on the downloads section.  I did install the 1.1.1 update however, but I still get the same error message.

Does anybody know if it's compatible with Snow Leopard?

I've submitted a request for technical support, but I'm still waiting for a response.  I'm very eager to start playing with this bad boy and this is just torture. :(

Help!!!

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 01:41:42 am »
Jupiter-8V 1.1.1 should be compatible with Snow Leopard.
However, you should get the latest eLicenser Control Center from:
www.elicenser.net
If you still don't see your Jupiter-8V license on your dongle after that, there might be an issue with the dongle.

Digimax

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 04:02:29 am »
Sean, you're a life saver.  Thank you very much.  I didn't have the latest eLicense Control Center.  Now it works on stand alone for now.  I have to figure out why it's not present in Logic Pro 9.

I remember launching Logic a few days ago after I first installed J8v and got a message from logic  about not being able to load Jupiter.  I think it was because of the eLicense issue.  I also remember seeing Logic doing something to ignore J8v so I wouldn't get the error message upon every start up.

Is there a manual way to make Logic acknowledge the synth?  I guess this is a goot time to do a search.

Thanks again Sean for your help.

Update: I just figured out the Logic Issue.  Thanks again.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 04:09:03 am by Digimax »

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 06:15:54 am »
You can validate the AU plug-in manually in Logic's Audio Units Manager.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines