April 28, 2024, 05:39:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Mg Modular & MIDI  (Read 9626 times)

rupps

Mg Modular & MIDI
« on: January 23, 2004, 09:39:19 pm »
what are the MIDI capabilities of MMV? I've only managed to play notes with a keyboard. Got no response to any midi controller. But the "SYNC" switch near the sequencer, is it supposed to enable MIDI Clock SYNC or something? How do you sync a bassline with the rest of cubase tracks, if not?

regards!

thracks

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Mg Modular & MIDI
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2004, 05:16:34 am »
what are the MIDI capabilities of MMV? I've only managed to play notes with a keyboard. Got no response to any midi controller. But the "SYNC" switch near the sequencer, is it supposed to enable MIDI Clock SYNC or something? How do you sync a bassline with the rest of cubase tracks, if not?

MIDI clock needs to be sent from your host sequencer. I use Digital Performer. It is a specific item I need to choose to send clock. I'm not familiar with cubase.
G5 Dual 2.3
OS 10.4.8
Digital Performer 5.11
Live 6.05
MMV 2.0
ARP 2600V
2408 MK3/MK1 PCI 424

rupps

MIDI CLOCK SYNC
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2004, 09:35:25 pm »
thanks for answering!

I know how to send clock from the sequencer... thing is, I do it, but the bassline does not sync up :( If I tweak the "oscillator freq" I see how tempo changes, but the speed is not synced with MIDI nor it appears to be a multiplous or divider of the main tempo.

Another question: I've read somewhere in these forums it's possible to assign some knobs to an external control surface ... hackin' around Mg Modular V files I found a "controlMidi" file that seem to hold the info for this... anybody played with this file?

thracks

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Mg Modular & MIDI
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2004, 01:14:27 am »
I know how to send clock from the sequencer... thing is, I do it, but the bassline does not sync up  If I tweak the "oscillator freq" I see how tempo changes, but the speed is not synced with MIDI nor it appears to be a multiplous or divider of the main tempo.

Are you sure you set the sync switch in the wequencer section of MMV? If it is set on the frequency knob will change to beat subdivisions.
G5 Dual 2.3
OS 10.4.8
Digital Performer 5.11
Live 6.05
MMV 2.0
ARP 2600V
2408 MK3/MK1 PCI 424

ironchef_marc

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Mg Modular & MIDI
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2004, 09:27:14 pm »
Hey thracks,

Would you mind explaining how you sync it up? I've got the same set up as you. I can't figure out how to stop the sequencer. DP is transmitting sync to MMV and I set the off button of the Mg sequencer to "external sequencer sto"p but it does not work.

tia,

corkyburger

Midi sync probs
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2004, 02:27:11 pm »
I am having the same problems syncing with Pro Tools. I have set everything to sync but it still isn't working.

I also tried setting Mg Seq to be triggered by Pro Tools starting but had no luck.

Am I missing something obvious?

CB

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines