April 27, 2024, 03:22:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: sequencer problems in logic  (Read 1746 times)

Matt Preston

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
sequencer problems in logic
« on: July 09, 2009, 01:50:12 pm »
hi there

have been trying to use the Mg modular sequencer within logic 8 (mac pro/ leopard) and it doesnt seem to work properly. it is ok if you only use equal length steps with no variation in note length. however, when you try to put the odd longer note in (by changing the value in the "repeat" field) it sometimes plays the note longer, sometimes doesnt. it exhibits the same inconsistency even if you set the step to repeat (rather than pause/hold on).

you can hear what i mean by selecting one of the presets (which, funnily enough all have steps set to equal lengths....i wonder why!) and changing the "repeat" field to something other than "1". stop and start the sequencer a few times and you'll hear that it plays inconsistently - sometimes just ignoring the altered step and playing them all the same length.

the only other alteration i have done to the preset is that i have set keyboard trigger off" to stop the sequencer when you lift off a note.

anybody out there with any suggestions/ experiences of this issue? or is it working for you?

it is doing my head in as, without retriggered lfos, this is the only way of doing predictable rhythmic patterns and it would seem this option is a no-go as well. very disappointing really

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines