April 28, 2024, 08:35:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MMV as VST effect  (Read 4744 times)

cptn

MMV as VST effect
« on: March 25, 2009, 04:35:47 pm »
I was trying this for weeks and couldn't find anything on the board that told me explicitly what to do (neither does the manual - come on, guys!). This will helpfully save some people a lot of faffing about:

1. Select your MMV as a send or insert effect (either will work) - if you don't see it listed you've probably installed the plugin in the wrong folder

2. "Edit" your effect - the MMV should pop up within your VST host

3. Pick a basic patch so you can hear what's going on (although you won't hear anything at this stage)

4. Instead of sending your VCO into the filters, connect the Ext Left or Right connection (above the keyboard)

5. Then, and this is the bit I missed for the longest time, set whatever envelope module is dealing with the output to be triggered by Keyboard On (right-click the "In" that's circled in red and choose it from the options)

6. Click a key on the MMV's keyboard - your MIDI controller won't do it

Now, whatever track you've applied the MMV effect to should be going through it - lush!

Note that by this method you'll have to click a MMV key every time you reopen VST, so there's probably a better trigger than "Keyboard On". I just discovered something that worked and disappeared into an orgy of beautiful sounds before I could experiment some more.

Anyway, hope that helps someone.

By the way, the ARP and MiniMg were no problem to set up as effects after looking around here, so thanks to the other posters for opening up those doors.

Cheers,
cptn

Antoine

Re: MMV as VST effect
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 09:13:52 am »
This kind of information will be availbale in an upcoming collection of tutorials, currently under redaction. After some tests and verification, your contribution should therefore be integrated in one of these.
Thanks for your positive and helpful mind.
ex-Arturian

cptn

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 04:38:30 pm »
Mmmmm... More unexplored goodies to play with. Looking forward to it.

Sweep

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 03:16:09 pm »
I've got a whole bank of patches I wrote for using the MMV as a treatment in VST mode.

You're welcome to have them for the tutorial on this aspect of the MMV - or just for download from the main site.

Incidentally there's a problem with one of the tutorials in the MMV manual that came to light when someone reported a problem here in the forum. I can provide a corrected version of that as well.

UniQue Werkx

• UniQue Werkx
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 08:07:22 am »
This kind of information will be availbale in an upcoming collection of tutorials, currently under redaction. After some tests and verification, your contribution should therefore be integrated in one of these.
Thanks for your positive and helpful mind.

Any progress on those tutorials? Although, another method is kind of reverse engineering the available sounds. That's what I've been doing. There's some really great patches where I was just blown away at how they were made. Looks like tons of trial & error experience but that's part of sound designing and having fun while you do it.
Christian
UniQue WerkX (electronic music) (ZT Affinity AMD Phenom II 1055T Six-Core Processor 2.8GHz | 12gb ram | 2 TB HD | Nvidia  GTS 450 superclocked | Focusrite Scarlett 18i/6 |  Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium SP1, Cubase 6, Moog Modular V2.6)
http://www.synthmusician.com/members/138/

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines