April 29, 2024, 07:26:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ATTENTION!!! MiniMgV v2 beta-tester  (Read 21692 times)

Synthy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: ATTENTION!!! MiniMgV v2 beta-tester
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2009, 10:02:23 pm »
Requested on saturday.
Code arrived today (monday). :)
Code arrived today. I just downloaded the software license to my USB eLicenser.
Itīs in demo mode and I can use it 20 times. The real unlock code will follow..
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 10:04:21 pm by Synthy »

Tical

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2009, 10:55:49 pm »
Itīs in demo mode and I can use it 20 times. The real unlock code will follow..

You can use it more than 20 times reactivating the counter through the appropriate option in the wizard of the LCC.
It has an expiration date, though (29/03, don't know whether it's absolute or relative).
The real unlock code will arrive with the real synth, I believe. 1st of april at MusikMesse, maybe?

Cheers.

T.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 06:40:18 am by Tical »

Antoine

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 10:46:48 am »
Some useful tips about the MiniMg V 2 beta:
==> http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/community/beta-test-helpers
ex-Arturian

michel

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2009, 10:57:02 am »
I have installed this beta version on my laptop, and...:

Application 'miniMg V 2' has caused the following error:

No eLicenser connected.

Options:
 - For troubleshooting information click <Help>.
 - Connect a valid eLicenser and click <Retry>.
 - Click <Cancel> to abort.

And in my music computer, in my house, i have no internet, i have installed too, and..."super error" all my presets go to another life, ay ay ay... i donīt install  never more a beta from arturia, i am a client, no a pirate, sorry for my poor english, my presets never come back, but now i will play this beta version, but itīs not posible, help please.

Thank you. ;D

DBS

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Dynamik Bass System
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2009, 11:51:55 am »
I have installed this beta version on my laptop, and...:

Application 'miniMg V 2' has caused the following error:

No eLicenser connected.

Options:
 - For troubleshooting information click <Help>.
 - Connect a valid eLicenser and click <Retry>.
 - Click <Cancel> to abort.

And in my music computer, in my house, i have no internet, i have installed too, and..."super error" all my presets go to another life, ay ay ay... i donīt install  never more a beta from arturia, i am a client, no a pirate, sorry for my poor english, my presets never come back, but now i will play this beta version, but itīs not posible, help please.

Thank you. ;D

But you know what "BETA" means?
Do you have any backups from your Presets?

BTW ... Antoine has an useful link:

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/community/beta-test-helpers

« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 11:58:52 am by DBS »
iMac (Late 2013) 3,5 GHz Intel Core i7
OS X 10.11.x
NI Maschine 2.4.x
Logic Pro X 10.2.0
UA Apollo Twin
MOTU 828 Mk3 Hybrid
MOTU 828 Mk2

michel

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2009, 03:00:40 pm »
Yes, i have a backup of my presets but not very actual, i have lost some good and new  presets, but this is not the real problem, with another companys, when i download the beta versions i have not problems, but with arturia... the beta overwrite all,and the original version disapear, and this is not good, i need only taste the beta, but the beta kill my miniMg v version 1.
And the autorization not work on my system.

Antoine

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2009, 03:08:59 pm »
Hi Michel,
Don't be scared, theoretically your presets have not disappeared, they simply are temporarily unavailable until you authorize the synthesizer.
At worst case, shortly connect your computer at your favorite neighbor/friend/office network. Or even use a USB-eLicenser dongle to download the license from one connected computer, and authorize the synthesizer on your studio one.
ex-Arturian

michel

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2009, 03:13:37 pm »
There is only one problem, in my "computer audio machine" i donīt have internet.

Thank you. ;D

OpenMind

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2009, 03:46:22 pm »
Finally received the activation for miniMg V2, but.... Very big problem!

Most of my older Cubase 4 projects are unusable with the MiniMg V2 update!!

I have MiniMg V1 installed on 2 PCs (1 Quad-core, 1 Dual-core) in my studio, so I can distribute processing power for multiple instances by using FX Teleport.

This works great with Mg Modular, MiniMg, CS80 and ARP2600... the old versions that is.
But the new MiniMg V2 update is protected by Syncrosoft instead of a serial number.
This means that I can only run MiniMg V2 on one PC at a time.

Installing both VSTs for V1 and V2 (I have seperate installs) doesn't seem to work, as in that case Cubase 4 will only initialize V1.
When I remove the V1 VST plug-in from my main DAW PC, it will initialize V2... and V1 on the FX-Teleport PC will still be avaible, but is not interchangeable with the plug-in on the DAW PC anymore...  :(

Does this mean that I'll have to pay again for another license, just to be able to distribute processing power in the same studio?! :(
And is this going to happen to all future updates for the older synths too?!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 03:51:54 pm by OpenMind »
All Arturia synths , BRASS, Windows XP 32-bit & Windows 7 64-bit

Tical

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2009, 07:55:49 pm »
Does this mean that I'll have to pay again for another license, just to be able to distribute processing power in the same studio?! :(

You can't run two copies of Cubase at once on two different machines, can you?
That's the way the Syncrosoft license works, but not only: even with C/R anti piracy systems, you cannot run two copies of the same software on two different machines AT THE SAME TIME, that would violate the EULA. You can install the software on two (in some cases three) different machines but you can use them only one at a time. In this respect, the Syncrosoft system is much better, since you can install the same software on as many machines as you want.
If I were in you shoes, I would use the DAW on a machine and the plugs on the other by using hosts such as VST Stack. Otherwise, you must purchase a second license.

BTW, are you sure that you actually need to distribute the machine power with a quad core?

Best.

T.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 08:07:02 pm by Tical »

OpenMind

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2009, 09:05:40 pm »

You can't run two copies of Cubase at once on two different machines, can you?
That's the way the Syncrosoft license works, but not only: even with C/R anti piracy systems, you cannot run two copies of the same software on two different machines AT THE SAME TIME, that would violate the EULA. You can install the software on two (in some cases three) different machines but you can use them only one at a time.
I don't need to run Cubase on two machines, because FX-Teleport acts as VST-host on the client machine.
And yes, I know how Syncrosoft works... I have 3 dongles on my main machine and one on the slave. Just like I have iLoks on both machines for other licenses.

I do not violate any EULA by using several instances of one VSTi on two machines at the same time, as long as the two machines are in a closed network that is controlled by just one person (me) at a time.
I use seperate 2 networks on every PC. 1gbps dedicated to music, 100mbps for internet connecting and file sharing.
In this configuration the system acts like one big machine, called a processing farm.
There's no difference compared to one machine with multi-CPUs and 64GB RAM, running a DAW-host with several instances of the same VST(i)

C/R or Serial Number protected software I have (like BFD2 incl. all Expansions and East West Kompakt based VSTi), even mention in their EULA that it's fully legal to use the product in this way. But they don't need to mention it because a closed network farm is considered as one machine, as long as the seperate PCs are "processors" sharing one single task.

In this respect, the Syncrosoft system is much better, since you can install the same software on as many machines as you want.
Not when you consider a farm like a machine.

But hey... I do not have a problem with Syncrosoft protection at all.
I do have a problem because old projects that where created in a processing farm with serial protection, will not work anymore after updating to Syncrosoft... unless I pay extra for another license, just to run an instance on another CPU.

If I were in you shoes, I would use the DAW on a machine and the plugs on the other by using hosts such as VST Stack. Otherwise, you must purchase a second license.

BTW, are you sure that you actually need to distribute the machine power with a quad core?
Well... your reply proves that my shoes wont fit you.  ;D
VST-Stack is not comparable to FX-Teleport at all.... And I would still need an extra Syncrosoft license for Arturia instances that are processed by the slave PC.

I would be glad to pay a small amount for extra licenses, to run updated Arturia-oldies.... I'd never pay 2 (or more) times the full price. If that is possible, I would even buy extra licenses for Brass and Jupiter, which are running on my main DAW only so they won't give troubles with updates.... and I might even buy the Prophet plus an extra license.

BTW, Why would you think I would distribute processing if it wasn't necessary?  :D

Tical

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2009, 09:30:17 pm »
And yes, I know how Syncrosoft works...

I do not mean to be polemic, but since you know how Syncrosoft works, your whole question is redundant. Of course you don't need to run Cubase on two machines: I mentioned that just because Cubase shares the same protection scheme as the new MiniMg, just so, Syncrosoft, which is Steinberg property.

A "farm" isn't considered a single machine in any software licence I own (which includes Arturia, Native Instruments, LinPlug, Korg, Steinberg, Apple, IK-Multimedia, Camel Audio, VirSyn, Waldorf, Yellow Tools and a little more tolerant brands such as U-He). My license of Adobe Creative Suite will block any second "instance" of the same application detected in the "closed network": only one at a time is allowed. The same goes with Quark. And so on...

BTW, Why would you think I would distribute processing if it wasn't necessary?  :D

Maybe because  I've seen lots of poorly assembled PC and even more poorly assembled "closed networks"; not your case, I'm sure, but since I'm on a Mac (several actually, none of which as a farm) definitely my shoes are different than yours.  :D

Best.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 09:53:15 pm by Tical »

OpenMind

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2009, 11:40:11 pm »
Maybe because  I've seen lots of poorly assembled PC and even more poorly assembled "closed networks"; not your case, I'm sure, but since I'm on a Mac (several actually, none of which as a farm) definitely my shoes are different than yours.  :D

Best.
Just FYI
25 years ago I studied electronics and computer technology. I designed and build CPU control boards with 8080, 8086 and Z80 before I combined my hardware adventures with programming user software.
Also about 25 years ago, I started doing sound enginering in recording and live situations.... and soon went composing and sound design for the "new" digital synth generation.
I combined both streams when MIDI came in in 1988, and know about any instability problem that can occur in about any system that was in use in the last 20 years.

... but there's no way I can relate this to the problem of running updated distributed VSTi with a new protection system for a reasonable price.

The Beatsmith

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2009, 02:54:16 am »
Hi guys

So to clarify, you can't run this on more than one machine now?

I guess i can keep 1.6 on my mobile/laptop rig, and 2.0 on the Mac Pro at the studio, but i'd rather not have to do that...

I installed the 2.0 beta on the Mac Pro and obviously can't download the new license more than once, so can't install it on the laptop. Unfrotunately i ran the installer on my MBP so will have to follow the instructions to roll back to 1.6 as it overwrote the old version when 2.0 beta was installed.

Cheers

Tical

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2009, 06:55:09 am »
So to clarify, you can't run this on more than one machine now?

To clarify, you never could, Syncrosoft or not.
Not at the same time, at least. From Arturia's license agreement:

"Licensee may physically transfer the SOFTWARE from one computer to another, provided that the SOFTWARE is used on only one computer at any one time. Licensee may not electronically transfer the SOFTWARE to multiple computers over a network system."

And I could do drag&drop of an identical or similar line from the EULA of any brand I use (and use not). This is the common rule, plain and simple, and I kown very few exceptions.
The protection system can force you to respect it (dongle) or not, in the latter case it's up to you to respect the agreement, but that is.

@ OpenMind: our talk took the wrong direction; I didn't mean to be picky (I'm not mother-language so I apologize for any unwanted rudeness) and you didn't need to send a curriculum, nor will I, but you would be surprised; BTW, Zelig Z80 in the early '80s me too.  :)
Anyway, the line in bold here above says it all and it's no news (nor Arturia's exclusivity).

Cheers.

T.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 07:55:10 am by Tical »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines