April 29, 2024, 01:42:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ATTENTION!!! MiniMgV v2 beta-tester  (Read 21691 times)

The Beatsmith

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: ATTENTION!!! MiniMgV v2 beta-tester
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2009, 01:21:52 pm »
Well, i never did that. I don't want to run them at the same time, just have them installed so that i can use them on either machine. Without having to buy a Syncrosoft dongle and carry it around with me.

I have 1.6 without the dongle and simply installed the software on both my MBP and Mac Pro, and put in the passcode. Then i could use them on either machine, and transfer projects from one to another. I've never tried having the MBP and Mac Pro in the same room and running the plugin on both machines, that's not really what i want.

So can is there any way i can still install and use Minimoo version 2.0 on both machines (not at the same time)?

Thanks

OpenMind

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2009, 01:41:01 pm »
"Licensee may physically transfer the SOFTWARE from one computer to another, provided that the SOFTWARE is used on only one computer at any one time. Licensee may not electronically transfer the SOFTWARE to multiple computers over a network system."
This would apply to a system with central server(s) and various personal workstations. In case of cluster/farm computing you transfer DATA not SOFTWARE.
If this would be exluded, then installing on a multi-core/multi-CPU system would not be allowed either. The classic definition of a computer = one CPU + Memory + I/O circuitry. So in case of multi-cores we're talking about cluster-computing...
Well... in fact the VGA- and disk-controllers are seperate computers too... Which would mean that I can build several motherboards in one case with internal networking connections, and still call it one computer... just like in "super-computers".
The whole system is running one specific task AND the whole system is operated by one person at a time.

But again... I'm willing to pay (no full price) for extra licenses 8)

@ OpenMind: our talk took the wrong direction; I didn't mean to be picky (I'm not mother-language so I apologize for any unwanted rudeness)
:-*
All Arturia synths , BRASS, Windows XP 32-bit & Windows 7 64-bit

Tical

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2009, 04:28:34 pm »
So can is there any way i can still install and use Minimoo version 2.0 on both machines (not at the same time)?

Yes, you can do so, but if I got it right you will need anyway a physical dongle to pass the license from a computer to another, since Arturia allows for the bidirectional transfer (Soft-eLicenser to dongle, and the other way round); Steinberg, for instance, doesn't allow for that (Soft-eLicenser to dongle yes, but not vice versa).

Can't tell if you can use the Syncrosoft server to directly swap the license online, from a Soft-eLicenser directly to another Soft-eLicenser on a different machine, without using a dongle as a bridge.

Find more here: http://syncrosoft.com/Mac_-_Soft-eLicenser-78-91.html

Best.

T.

michel

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2009, 05:57:32 pm »
Sorry i´m not good with the activation of my miniMg v beta, i have no internet on my "computer-audio" and can not activate the beta... Help, please, and thank you.

michel

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2009, 05:51:33 pm »
One little question... can i have installed on the same computer version 1 and version 2 of the miniMg.?

Antoine

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2009, 09:04:26 am »
@Michel
Technically yes, you can install both in different folders, but you won't be able to use them in hosted mode (VST, AU) as they share the same program ID.
So the correct answer is: functionally speaking, no.
ex-Arturian

Sweep

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2009, 11:24:04 am »
Doesn't that mean you could use both in stand-alone mode - which would mean functionally yes in some cases? (Some of us play these instruments with fingers, not sequencers.)

It might be worth adding a second program ID, though, in case some people have preferences between the versions for specific patches?

michel

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2009, 11:39:09 am »
Mission impossible, i can´t autorize my beta version i put the autorization code and nothing, the transfer mode not work, may be i´m a little dummy, but i have no internet connection on my audio pc, but i have see i can autorize without internet, but no work ......argghhhh..... please help.....and sorry for my poor english.

michel

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2009, 04:51:50 pm »
If i buy a Syncrosoft USB ... can i play the miniMg version 2? may be, for my this is the solution.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 05:00:38 pm by michel »

OpenMind

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2009, 08:33:58 pm »
But again... I'm willing to pay (no full price) for extra licenses 8)

Well... just to put things straight... Arturia already had a possibilaty for cheaper extra licenses... The V-Collection! Why didn't I think of that before? ... Or why didn't any of you put my attention to that?  ;D

I ordered the V-Collection last thursday and received it today... great!

But... now I stumbled over the "License number is NOT listed in our database" error, like many miniMgV registars did in the past few weeks.
Already wrote a PM to Antoine about that, and I'm sure he'll fix it when he's back at work.

Nevertheless.... I can now use miniMg V2 just like V1 on my 2-in-1-computer again... :D
All Arturia synths , BRASS, Windows XP 32-bit & Windows 7 64-bit

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines