April 28, 2024, 10:53:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MIDI Control Assignments  (Read 3356 times)

thumky

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
MIDI Control Assignments
« on: December 11, 2008, 06:27:26 pm »
Does anyone know where these are saved? ( i.e. Cmd clicking on a control and assigning to a MIDI CC number )

I keep losing this mappings.  I'm trying to use the Jupiter 8V in Pro Tools.  Ideally i'd get these mapping to stick regardless of whether i'm using as standalone, in PT, in Logic.  I also don't want to have to worry about bonking them if i upgrade versions... Does any know if these are stored in an config file or xml file somewhere?

Thanks ALOT!!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 10:04:28 pm by thumky »

thumky

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: MIDI Control Assignments
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 10:03:32 pm »
Okay i found where they are saved.  The mappings are saved in:

HD\Library\Preferences\Jupiter-8V\midi.prefs

I can't tell under which circumstances J8V "forgets" these mappings, but i'm planning on backing up this file after every time i make a change.

I found one more interesting thing.  When using Pro Tools, the MIDI assigments aren't saved until the session is closed.  It doesn't matter if you save a patch or a program.  You have to close your session.  Interestingly enough it doesn't matter if the session is saved or not.  Haven't tried with Logic, so i can't say.

Hope this helps...

Btw, does Arturia even monitor this forum?? I'm seeing alot of unanswered questions here...

Moshkito

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 06:09:24 pm »
Hi,

Having similar issues and not getting help ... right now I miss knobs so I can experiment ...  I can play with a mouse, but a single pointer does not replace 10 fingers, and neither does it replace five playing fingers and you rotating a knob or playing with the functions available to you.

And the best we get is a comment in the manual that you can setup a midi ... maybe some folks don't get it ... that it's the sounds that musicians and people want ... and figuring this shit out is a total bummer when you want to play music ....

Thx for taking my money ...

tommym

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 03:32:21 am »
I read in the manual that, as you implied, the MIDI assignments only get saved when you quit Jupiter 8v, in Standalone AND plug-in modes both. I'm hoping they get saved globally, but I suspect that they only get saved with the Bank (EDIT: Project). Antoine, anything we should know? Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 03:40:21 pm by tommym »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines