March 29, 2024, 12:46:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: A few "templates" questions...  (Read 3519 times)

kokocalamar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
A few "templates" questions...
« on: November 03, 2008, 02:14:07 pm »
Hi all,

I love the Arturia software, and I hate what it does to my quad core processors... So, what would be more natural than getting the Origin?!! The greatness of the sound but without the load on the host!

But, I have some questions:

1. When I looked at one of the Arturia videos, I saw templates for ARP2600, CS-80 and Mg Modular swish by really quickly. Does this mean that the development of these templates is well under way?.. Is Jupiter-8 included?

2. Will the templates be able to load the original Arturia patches that were developed for the soft synths? .. (Either by conversion software or directly.)

Thanks,

Kokocalamar.

Philippe

Re: A few "templates" questions...
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 04:11:43 pm »
What you saw is the graphics for these templates. So in that sense, you could say that the development of these templates is under way. But there's a lot more than graphics when building a template for Origin. Currently Origin is shipped with one MiniMg template. The ARP2600 template is under development and we want to add 1 or 2 more templates to the next major upgrade (1.5 or 2.0 depending on the other additional features). Which templates? No decision has been made yet. We'll tell everybody about our plans as soon as we can. Until then, feel free to post about anything you would like be added to Origin.

The compatibility between "V" plugins presets and Origin template preset does not exist yet. This is a feature that has been asked more than one time, so may be.......
Origin Lead  Developer

drogoff

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 05:21:47 pm »
Can someone please explain exactly what a template is?  Is it just a pretty graphic that ties into specific knobs of modules?  Can it do anything, other than appearance, that you can't do by just hooking up modules yourself?

Thanks,

David

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 07:42:43 pm »
origin uses different module of different synth (cs80, jupiter8, arp, mini Mg...). BUT you don't have access to all those synth individually, except miniMg right now. template are, actually, the "full" version of a synth in origin. if i'm wrong, sorry....

kokocalamar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 07:47:39 pm »
First, thank you philwick for your quick reply!

Secondly, as far as I understand, a template is a ready-made synth (plus the graphics) made up of modules already in the Origin. So really, you could probably create your own templates that are "full" versions of CS-80, ARP2600 etc.

Or am I missing something here?..

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines