April 29, 2024, 06:09:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Lost controller assignments: has this been fixed?  (Read 3309 times)

petitune

Lost controller assignments: has this been fixed?
« on: December 07, 2003, 07:25:37 am »
When I make MIDI controller assignments to knobs, especially the mixer VCA's, they are frequently lost after saving and exiting-restarting the software. Setting up controllers is hard work; losing that work is discouraging. Is there a fix for this?

Also, any plans to include the toggles and other non-assignable controls in the MIDI implementation? Not being able to set the oscillator range, or toggle glide on/off (not to mention selecting different oscillator waveforms from a MIDI controller without spending VCA's), is a serious PIA (pain in the ear). I'm using MMV in a live environment; it's potential to be a blow-away element of my setup is there, but the realtime control needs upgrading.

Thanks and Season's Greetings to all :)

Mike

Phil

midi controller
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004, 10:23:48 am »
I am also waiting for a fix. But I think that it is not a big problem, technically, to improve the midi controller settings.

Especially the VCA's at the bottom are necessary to control the volume of each VCO. To be sure that these messages arrive at the programmers, I also write to the administrator.

Rob.

MIDI controllers lost.
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2004, 12:42:12 am »
I'm getting similar problems with the VCO mixer knobs, the main VCA env and the dry/wet controls on the delay fx. Other knobs like the main filter controls and auxiliary envelopes tend to be fine. :?

After assigning controllers for the first time things are sweet as a whistle but when reloading a project I find things shuffled about or don’t respond which means the rigmarole of reassigning the knobs again which is a bit of a pain when your trying to control 8 MMV’s in real time from a Drehbank. :x

I haven’t found this problem with other softsynths like NI’s FM7.

It’s a small but very annoying glitch in a fantastic piece of software. I really hope they sort it out for the next update as I’d very much like to use the MMV as my main synth sound source but without the hassle.  :roll:

Rob.

MIDI controllers lost.
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2004, 12:42:49 am »
I'm getting similar problems with the VCO mixer knobs, the main VCA env and the dry/wet controls on the delay fx. Other knobs like the main filter controls and auxiliary envelopes tend to be fine. :?

After assigning controllers for the first time things are sweet as a whistle but when reloading a project I find things shuffled about or don’t respond which means the rigmarole of reassigning the knobs again which is a bit of a pain when your trying to control 8 MMV’s in real time from a Drehbank. :x

I haven’t found this problem with other softsynths like NI’s FM7.

It’s a small but very annoying glitch in a fantastic piece of software. I really hope they sort it out for the next update as I’d very much like to use the MMV as my main synth sound source but without the hassle.  :roll:

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines