April 27, 2024, 07:38:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: As good as the software?  (Read 13196 times)

Pip

• http://www.thebabybuddahs.co.uk
As good as the software?
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008, 12:09:44 am »
Close to the hardware is the question. The Mg "template" will not replace my voyager.  :oops So we'll get two templates with a version 1.01 in August.......good work :roll: I'm close to out :evil:  :evil:
Later
pip pip pip ... piiip piiip piiiip ... pip pip pip

slammah2012

As good as the software?
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2008, 04:34:08 am »
Quote from: "Pip"
Close to the hardware is the question. The Mg "template" will not replace my voyager.  :oops So we'll get two templates with a version 1.01 in August.......good work :roll: I'm close to out :evil:  :evil:

The SM audio V rack will be out this fall :shock: .
It will work with polyphonic aftertouch if the software does.....which does the Arturia CS80V........
I am all about the 80 :( ......if the origin chooses to utilize the original CS80 template as the software did :) , I will be all over it :D .....but  time is tickin :!: .....and from what I am hearing from the descriptions on the website :? .....it may be close 8) , but there are still no modules  available that come to address the original "playability" of the CS80 :cry: ......
 :arrow: I may just grab the VRack after all is said and not done. :oops: ....

Pip

• http://www.thebabybuddahs.co.uk
As good as the software?
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2008, 11:25:08 am »
I'm really gassing for a Prophet 08 - RA v VA, I'm having a hard time with my studio buddies, the lack of templates, the normal vague promises on delivery of other templates, very poor. For me from a marketing perspective the Roland template would have gotten the most sales.
Later
pip pip pip ... piiip piiip piiiip ... pip pip pip

slammah2012

Re: As good as the software?
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2008, 07:25:38 am »
Quote from: slammah2012
That is a strange decision....
Given the fact that
"Mg" and "SonicCore" have the MiniMg covered in hardware form....

Wouldn't it be smarter to hold back on the release date before the initial reaction of "what did I get for all that money" kicks in??
the SonicCore MiniMax ASB costs around $700 US.....The ARP version"prodyssey"costs around $1200.....
No one has a Hardware CS80.........I would have played that card first...

Origin Lead  Developer
Not so strange.... The CS80 is the most difficult template to develop. Choosing this one would have meant a release date around november 2008 and we feel here at Arturia that we have to release Origin as soon as possible because people have been waiting so long now. Once again, "as soon as possible" means when Origin is a reliable machine.

Oh.... a later date???
I know the CS80 is a difficult template ...especially since the modules are not there to make it...
However, November 2008 isnt too long after October 2008....so I will ask again in a month
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 07:35:55 am by slammah2012 »

Frederic Brun

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2008, 06:32:14 pm »
Hello Ben,

"Can the Origin be used like a hardware version of all these softsynths? Is there any advantage to having the software instrument versions (+computer ) over the single hardware version?"

Good questions. There are two ways to look at the Origin:
- it is a modular synthesizer offering modules taken from the synth we recreated
- is is a system hosting the synths we recreated themselves.

So to answer your first question, what you can find in the Orgin that you won't find in the Software versions:
- the modular approch taking everything we did so far a step further
- new modules, like the sequencer we added, the Macro mode or different other things. Part of the next release is also, as an example, a B3 tonewheel which hapens to be very interesting in a modular context.
- physical controllers, obviously
- the dedicated CPU -which is not only about saving CPU from your studio computer but also about having a dedicated DSP based system which is built around audio. Audio processes on the Origin DSP's are not competing with anything else. When you are using a computer, if you filled it up with lots of different stuffs, this could mean more latency and less stability in a live context. You won't find that with the Origin.
- high quality ins & outs

As for the analog synths we emulated, they will be there too. They will take benefit of some of the things I listed above. But using them on a computer will still be more interesting in some contexts and for some musicians. It is a matter of what you need. The workflow will be different, the cost is different. It is really up to what you want to do.

With the Origin, the initial goal was for Arturia to offer a properitary platform, in parallel to Mac and PC, that would address some of the issues you could face on Mac and PC. It ended up being  more than that because of the modular part and the new things we added. But it is also that for people who want to use the analog classic synths and only the analog classic synths.

Frederic Brun

slammah2012

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2008, 03:54:27 am »
I'm sorry.....
But I will have to spend my change on the SM pro audio VRack.....
Much Easier than the Muse Receptor...
The CS80 V will work there along will all my other Softies  and with 8  balanced ins and 8 balanced outs, it will do for me what the Origin can't, until it is updated

silicium

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2008, 11:45:33 am »
But using them on a computer will still be more interesting in some contexts and for some musicians. It is a matter of what you need. The workflow will be different, the cost is different. It is really up to what you want to do.
Thanks Frederic for explanations. As I won't need the most efficient workflow, a CS-80V will be enough for my needs of CS-80 sounds. Even if an Intel or AMD CPU will be several orders of magnitude less effective than TigerSharc's... anyway which CPU would you recommend for an optimal configuration that will be still a low-power fanless system (and I avoid laptops too) ?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines