April 28, 2024, 11:23:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: New MiniMg Presets  (Read 3753 times)

izzi63

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
New MiniMg Presets
« on: October 04, 2007, 06:44:57 pm »
Hi,

Just imported the new menno.meijer presets, (thanks Arturia). Anybody else noticing that some of the presets, especially the Arpeggio presets, are using a monster load of CPU. I'm seeing almost 100 percent on the CPU meter in the MiniMg window and the usual clipping/distortion when using some of these presets. I have the most current version of MiniMg installed (1.6).

Thanks

PowerMac G5 DualCore 2.3 (PPC) with 6.5 GB of Ram, Tiger 10.4.9,
DIGI 002 (Console), ProTools LE 7.3.1cs5
Logic Pro 7.2.3, (2) UAD-1e Cards, Seagate Barracuda SATA II 300 GB Secondary Internal HD (7200 RPM), OWC Mercury Elite Pro Classic 160 GB Audio HD (7200 RPM).

coolcat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: New MiniMg Presets
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 06:54:15 pm »
Hi Izzi,

I'm affraid I'm the cause of this problem  :lol:  Some settings do use
a big CPU load, also on my core2duo PC. You can try to turn off the
soft clipping on some patches. Because this takes up a lot of
processing power. Also make sure you don't have any other programs
or applications running in the background.

Ciao,

- Menno

Quote from: "izzi63"
Hi,

Just imported the new menno.meijer presets, (thanks Arturia). Anybody else noticing that some of the presets, especially the Arpeggio presets, are using a monster load of CPU. I'm seeing almost 100 percent on the CPU meter in the MiniMg window and the usual clipping/distortion when using some of these presets. I have the most current version of MiniMg installed (1.6).

izzi63

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
New MiniMg Presets
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 02:10:04 am »
Thanks,

Yes, I have no other programs running and I'm using MiniMg in Stand Alone Mode. If that's just the way it is, then I guess I'll have to live with it. It's just confusing being I have a lot of Ram and a pretty powerful Mac PPC. Thanks for the Sounds!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines