April 28, 2024, 01:44:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Before Installing DEMO  (Read 2670 times)

ZSoK

Before Installing DEMO
« on: September 05, 2007, 04:07:48 am »
Should there be a warning for PC users that the uninstaller doesn't finish the job & leaves files all around to cause errors later on?

Particularly, problems involving ArtFfct.dll as described in this thread: http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=412254&mpage=1&key=&#412254

And what's worse is that was over 2 years ago and it's still a problem with the 2.2 demo (and real thing I'd imagine), which is bothersome to someone testing out a piece of software before purchasing it.

When uninstalling it asks if the shared ArtFfct.dll file should be deleted from System 32/.  Now I believe the Art might be related to Aurturia so it seems safe to get rid of... but not until other files are gone I guess.

To fix the issue (hopefully), after uninstalling the program and cleaning up the mess that's left, I believe you have to delete the .DLLs leftover wherever you installed the DEMO.  For me it's in the Cubase VST Instruments folder.

That takes it out of the context menus and with any luck the errors will stop.

I believe this is good software but it shouldn't be a pain in the arse to install and uninstall a DEMO.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines