April 27, 2024, 12:25:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MMV in a hardware box  (Read 12594 times)

jollo

MMV in a hardware box
« on: November 09, 2003, 07:50:26 pm »
Would anyone like to see the MMV in a portable rack mounted unit? It could be something along the lines of the Nord Modular with the audio engine in a box and the MMV software on your computer to allow editing. You could store your patches to the hardware and have an MMV to go.

I love the sound of the MMV but because it's so processor intensive, it would be really cool to offload the processing load to an external box. Plus it would be great to have it in a rack to take along to gigs.

Just thinking...

Anonymous

MMV in a hardware box
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2003, 05:27:33 am »
Yep, same here, was thinking along those lines too, I would rather have a hardware box just like nord micro modular for the MMV, I bet it would give the NMM a run for the money !!

MMV in a hardware box
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2003, 07:17:55 am »
No problem. This hardware box already exists. It's called Receptor, made by muse research.
Have a look here:
  http://www.museresearch.com/

jollo

Thanks for the info
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2003, 08:15:27 am »
Thanks for the pointer to the Receptor. I checked out their web page but it looks like it won't be available until sometime in 2004 and there is no hint of a price. It looks very interesting though.

I searched around to see if there was anything else like it and found Manifold Labs Plugzilla but it costs $3600 U.S. Too pricey for my budget but maybe the Receptor will be less.

I would still love to see a dedicated MMV box but I'm probably just dreaming.

rlainhart

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.otownmedia.com
MMV in a hardware box
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2003, 11:03:10 pm »
The Receptor looks like a good solution, but if the image of the front panel is accurate, I see an immediate problem - no CD-ROM drive for the application CD, and so no copy-protection authentication! If you can add an external FireWire or USB CD-ROM drive, OK, but that's an expensive (and silly) solution to the problem.

In light of that, and for other reasons, I'd really prefer to see a USB dongle used for MMV's copy protection instead of the CD. I'd much rather pay a little extra for the dongle instead of having to tie up my CD-ROM drive just to run the program....

LSanchez

MMV in a box, YES
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2003, 03:55:46 pm »
This idea is one of the best thing I've read in this forum. I'd love to use a rack version of the MMV onstage. I don't want to do that with a lap-top yet.

amiles

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
MMV in a hardware box
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2004, 12:30:41 pm »
The Receptor looks a good idea. However, yes CD copy protection could be a problem. The unit connects via Ethernet so you may have to connect it to your computer couple of weeks. Don't know if it would work! Someone would have to try it out.

It bring us to the wider discussion of copy protection. After all the copy systems I've seen maybe the question/response way (eg, Waves, NI) is prehaps the best. Maybe Arturia could look into a different way of copy protection?

bg

• Beta-testers
MMV in a hardware box
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2004, 01:56:40 pm »
Looks like Arturia is considering the possibility.
http://www.arturia.com/en/rackmmv_survey.html

Nimmy

Mg ModularV in a Box
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2004, 11:49:21 am »
Since all Arturia products seem to be CPU hogs, it would be great to see something like the Creamware NOAH. Multiple Arturia plugs at the same time, updateable as new Arturia plugs are released.
Perhaps I`m only dreaming.......

Nimmy

Mg ModularV in a Box
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2004, 11:50:34 am »
Since all Arturia products seem to be CPU hogs, it would be great to see something like the Creamware NOAH. Multiple Arturia plugs at the same time, updateable as new Arturia plugs are released.
Perhaps I`m only dreaming....... :wink:

Nimmy

Mg ModularV in a Box
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2004, 02:36:10 pm »

Nimmy

Mg ModularV in a Box
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2004, 02:36:46 pm »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines