April 28, 2024, 04:46:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: NO TEMPLATES  (Read 8443 times)

BERNARDR

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
NO TEMPLATES
« on: July 27, 2007, 09:56:04 am »
I've loaded the JP8V, and am running it in Protools M-powered 7. Everything sounds good, but I don't have the template bank of presets. I've tried reinstalling, but that doesn't fix it. What am I missing?

Help gratefully accepted

DYBUS

Nothing here either
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 04:06:50 pm »
I have no templates on my version either.  How am i supposed to learn how to use the thing if i can't follow along with the book that was included with the installation disc?  my puchase was the v-collection.  i hope the other programs don't have this problem.
DYBUS

BERNARDR

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
NO TEMPLATES
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 11:19:51 am »
apparently sometimes files get assigned to the wrong folders. I've checked my hard drive and I can't find the templates anywhere. It might work for you. My bigger problem is that the jp8v seems to crash protools.
cheers

Vincent T

• http://www.arturia.com
NO TEMPLATES
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 11:48:18 am »
hello,
what do you call the 'template presets'?
Vincent
DSP Arturia

BERNARDR

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
NO TEMPLATES
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 09:51:18 am »
the manual refers  ( section 8.2) to presets such as "short ADSR" from the Template project. I don't have that preset, or any others mentioned under templates, or even a template heading under projects. They seem to be used as basic presets for the tutorials in the manual covering how to use the jp8v.

rgds

spiritbased

Missing template bank for tutorial
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 02:56:08 pm »
I'm missing the "To Wear/Temp" bank mentioned in the manual (pg 22). Tutorial is pretty lame without it  :(

Antoine

NO TEMPLATES
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 10:08:45 am »
There are some nice mistakes in theJupiter-8V User's Manual, not the greatest one we've written...

There is no "initialize preset" nor any "template project" yet, they should have been included at  first release but finally they will take place in future updates only.

These errors are known and reported in our project management database.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, hope it won't prevent you from having great fun / audio works with the Jup'!
ex-Arturian

spiritbased

NO TEMPLATES
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 04:09:16 pm »
I'll still have fun with it, but it's a shame about the manual

thesnake383

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
NO TEMPLATES
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 09:44:06 pm »
I thought I posted in this topic...how odd.

But he's right. Didn't the original Jupiter 8 have eight template presets that you craft your own sounds off of?

BERNARDR

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
NO TEMPLATES
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 08:26:26 am »
so let's recap.  I posted this query in July 07. All the tutorials in the manual assume that the JP 8V has the template presets. It's fair to assume that they are therefore pretty central to the whole damn offering.

The first response I got to my query was "what do you mean by the template presets?". Well the manual's only full of references to them.

And now, 6 months later, you have the gall to admit that the templates were actually excluded, and will be included in future versions.

What the hell kind of support is that?  It's a great product, but you will piss off a lot of people if you don't get your shit together on support. Why did it take 6 months?

I assume we won't be paying for something that was meant to be there in the first place.

egomi

NO TEMPLATES
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2008, 06:44:29 pm »
I bought the V-Collection some weeks ago and I am a newbie. ALL the manuals are full of mistakes! They are totally useless. You say select a bank "xx", a preset "yy" click the button "zz" ... but they are not there. It makes no fun if you waist your time searching for things that do not exist at all. I am very disappointed.

bobk

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: NO TEMPLATES
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 09:30:53 pm »
Wow - a year later, and still no templates.  Very frustrating to a new customer like me trying out the tutorials.  Of all things, I'd think creating templates would be relatively fast and easy work.

I'm also trying the Sequencer tutorial, and it's not working as described in the manual.

Come on, Arturia - you could have at least updated the pdf manual and included a READ-ME file with the 1.1 update explaining the absence of templates, and/or mentioned it on your web site.  You wasted my time looking for this stuff.

Extremely lame.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines