April 29, 2024, 01:20:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Deleting a Preset  (Read 5445 times)

jamesspankie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Deleting a Preset
« on: May 02, 2007, 03:10:22 pm »
Basically, there was a preset I created, it was a Sub Bass with a very long sustain and attack (for really heavy undertones :wink: ) called 'SuperSoftAttackAmbientBass' but then now, when I try to bring the preset up again, it shuts down and displays 'MiniMg V quit unexpectedly' (I'm on mac) it does this every time and I want to get rid of it before I accidentaly select it in the middle of a show and shut it down! so any help for deleting a preset? thanks :)

Sweep

Deleting a Preset
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 04:18:45 pm »
Try running the Mini in a different mode - standalone if you usually use VST, or the opposite.

This happened to me and I ran in VST mode instead of standalone and deleted the patch. It was fine after that.

I'm on a PC, but the same situation could well apply.

jamesspankie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Deleting a Preset
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 07:21:38 pm »
it crashes cubase as well when used as a vst :(

Sweep

Deleting a Preset
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 10:59:11 pm »
I'll let you know if I think of anything else, unless of course someone else comes up with a solution.

At the moment the only other thing I can think of is to reinstall, but I'm not sure whether it automatically reinstalls your patches. I think it does.

If it doesn't, and you have to reimport your files, you could delete the patch from your backups before reimporting.

But hopefully there's a simpler solution.

Sweep

Deleting a Preset
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 11:57:48 pm »
Another idea that may work:

Could you bring up the other patches in the bank, and copy them to a new bank, then delete the whole bank with the problem patch in it?

jamesspankie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Deleting a Preset
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 06:06:56 pm »
ok, but how would I do that?  :?

Sweep

Deleting a Preset
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 02:12:41 am »
I've just discovered something weird about the MiniMg V, so I can see why you're asking how. I'm sure I remember deleting a sub-bank, but I've just tried doing it and I can't find out how it's done. It's three o'clock in the morning here right now, though, so I'll have another look tomorrow.

If my memory is at fault and the sub-bank can't be deleted, the best option would be to copy the other patches to a new sub-bank and just avoid ever opening the one with the problem patch in it. If you never open that sub-bank you won't be likely to bring up the problem patch by mistake.

Open the sub-bank with the problem patch in it. Bring up the first patch. Click on `save as' and create a new sub-bank to save the patch into, in just the same way you'd do if you'd created an entirely new patch and you wanted to save it in a new sub-bank. Then go to the problem sub-bank again, and bring up the second patch, saving it to the new sub-bank, and so on with the third etc. Make sure, of course, that you avoid selecting the problem patch.

It'll be tedious if you have a lot of patches in that sub-bank, but at least you won't lose any patches and you can avoid ever opening the sub-bank with the problem patch.

You can click on the name of the sub-bank and rename it with something that tells you never to open it.

Regarding the first suggestion, of reinstalling and removing your problem patch before restoring your own patches -

that depends on whether your sub-banks are automatically restored when you install the software again, as I mentioned before. It also depends on how you did your backup, whether by individual patch or by sub-bank.

If you backed up the entire sub-bank in one go, you won't be able to delete the individual file.

If you saved the individual patches you'd presumably be able to identify the problem patch by the patch-name if you look at your backup using whichever kind of browser you use.

If I can work out how to delete a sub-bank I'll post the method later.

jamesspankie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Deleting a Preset
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2007, 03:01:45 pm »
cheers, I found out, it was a mixture of the two and got rid of it!  :)

Sweep

Deleting a Preset
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2007, 07:35:18 pm »
Great. :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines