March 28, 2024, 02:23:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How Does It Sound ?  (Read 7591 times)

gore

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
How Does It Sound ?
« on: April 05, 2007, 09:33:49 am »
Have you heard this baby ? (on Namm / Messe) ... I know : It sounds like nothing on this planet   :lol:  :--)
But ...
Is it better choice than all Arturia plug-ins ? Why ? ( I mean "why" only because of sound ) ...

slammah2012

How Does It Sound ?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 09:40:07 pm »
the sound and performance should be much better than what you would get with software and computer because of the 2 Tigersharc
DSP processors.....eventhough they operate at a lower Ghz compared with a PC CPU, the dedication of these to soley operate the Arturia DSP and Controllers, will be significantly faster than a dual core PC, significantly cleaner audio than the best of Sound Cards with neglible latency,....but what you get is so much more....

500 presets to start,
All the Current Arturia Synth catalog in whole form and in modual
form   for the building your hybrids synths with room for expansion,....without dongles...
Origin Synth Moduals which don't exist in the Catalog....
A stand Alone 2 input Audio FX unit with  Multiple Analog outputs and Digital outs .......and USB to handshake with your computer.
you get your computer CPU back...... all of your computer calculations for the Origin software are calculated
on the hardware, and returned to your computer....
you get to experience the realtime tactiles of knobs,  
ribbons, joysticks, touchscreen, benders and wheels, with a 5
octave (61key) velocity/ aftertouch sensitive keyboard....
....the first "laptop" keyboard...
the envy of all of you musician friends,as you show them you dont only make classic synth patches,
 you build your own  instruments,exclusively, on your little white monster.....and....
You Can use it Live onstage ...... Standalone....
isnt that the best reason.....

I'll take 2 please....

:) [/i]

gore

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
How Does It Sound ?
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 02:44:01 pm »
Quote from: "slammah2012"

isnt that the best reason.....

Origin is very interesting thing ! It looks very very interesting , but : I love soft synths because they can to be in my notebook .. I can take notebook and go away ... this is the most important reason why I am discussing sound . Conception of Origin is not "mobile" and it seems to be handicap of Origin for me  .  :roll:

modularprince

• http://www.myspace.com/m0dularprince
Arturia plug-ins Vs Origin
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 04:11:45 pm »
Arturia plug-ins are just plugins of one spesific instrument every time,...
miniMg V = miniMg V ....
Mg modular V= Mg modular...

now imagine all this great plugins in module format .....and combine all of them the way you want ,imagine the posibilities!!!

With origin you can build your own synths with the best modules in the world,,,,with plugins u can't it.s just different worlds....

Arturia Origin = modular with infinite posibilities with zero latency high quality sound
plugin....Arturia soft synths are only what they are(just compact plugins(non modular system))....nothing else nothing less...

my opinion.......
<--.My life is 2osc 2filters some envelopes and infinite modulation posibilities.-->
hardware:Roland Mc-909,Access music indigo II,Access music Virus Ti,Roland V-synth gt,Korg Triton,intel core2duo osx86

Vincent T

• http://www.arturia.com
How Does It Sound ?
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 09:56:29 am »
Origin is not "mobile"

:?:  :?:  :?:  not mobile? why?
Vincent
DSP Arturia

slammah2012

How Does It Sound ?
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 03:31:53 pm »
Quote from: "Vincent T"
Origin is not "mobile"

Because He feels it is easier to carry around his software dongles, his portable keys and mini control surface in separate storage pockets of his backpack , when he travels with his laptop...then all he needs is to plug the keyboard in, and attach the control surface with midi cables on a table surface, power the peripherals with his wall warts..et voila....
 mobile... And with all the Audio sonics you would expect from laptop speakers....
Me...... I would rather plug the Origin keyboard in a wall with a set of good Headphones and play it on my lap....and for live, output it directly thru DI boxes for the Monitor and FOH guys without worrying about the 1/8" jack falling out....

JWaltman

How Does It Sound ?
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 07:08:31 am »
Quote from: "Vincent T"
Origin is not "mobile"

i'd like to know too :D

Xfactor

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
How Does It Sound ?
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 02:42:41 am »
It sounded great at the last NAMM show.

Pip

• http://www.thebabybuddahs.co.uk
How Does It Sound ?
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 09:54:54 am »
In the vids they are still finalising the sound set - I'm really looking forward to some demos of the final production sound set. 8)
Later
pip pip pip ... piiip piiip piiiip ... pip pip pip

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines