April 29, 2024, 05:40:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: knobability  (Read 3948 times)

bigmog

knobability
« on: August 30, 2006, 02:16:07 pm »
Hi
i have just been given money to get MMV for my birthday (dont ask  :(  ) and i would like to buy a surface controller for ease of use. im currently looking at this one:

http://www.dv247.com/invt/21930/

does the mmv support rotary encoders?
i really dont wanna spend £90 if they wont talk to each other!

specs are:
Unique, total recall cascadable desktop MIDI controller with analog feel and an intuitive user interface
24 high-resolution encoders with LED rings for ultimate control over virtual mixers, synths, samplers and effects processors
4 virtual groups with 8 dual-mode, high-resolution encoders that feature LED rings and an additional push function
16 + 4 illuminated buttons freely assignable to all types of MIDI functions from note on/off, control change and program change to MMC and system exclusive data
All panel elements freely assignablemanually or via user-friendly learn mode
Two additional multi-function foot switch connectors can be used to address all types of MIDI data
32 user presets each with 4 encoder groups
Configurable MIDI and USB modes for ultra-flexible system integration
1 MIDI In plus 2 MIDI Outs, usable as an additional USB to MIDI interface
Multi-function 4-digit LED display with real-time parameter indication plus write-in fields for your own labeling
MIDI Input with merge function for cascading several control units
Standard MIDI In/Out connectors
USB MIDI support with WINDOWS XP and MAC OS

any help at all would be gratefully appreciated, as i have a very limited budget.

thanks
bigmog
HELP ME IM NEW TO THIS!

Elhardt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
knobability
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 03:54:25 am »
I'd like to know the answer of this too.  I've had almost the exact opposite question in my mind.  Whether my MIDI knob box that has regular knobs with the typical 300% of movement can control a device that uses continuous rotaries.  I can only get 128 values out of my knob box knobs, but the device I wanted to control may have more than 128 points it can be set at.

Doepfer usually has manuals online and which might address your issue.  Maybe their control surface can be put into absolute mode instead of relative mode, if they have such a setting.  Something like that should work.  Seems to me though, that since MIDI is mostly a 0-127 value system, that if Doepfer doesn't work with that entire world for gear, which is just about everything, their control surface would be of no use.

-Elhardt

KennethA

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
knobability
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 08:57:24 am »
The MMV works fine with the BCR-2000.
I use it myself all the time.

KennethA

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines