April 27, 2024, 09:13:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Poll

Should the update to Universal Binary be paramount?

Yes
13 (92.9%)
No
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: May 19, 2006, 06:50:51 pm

Author Topic: Intel Duo Mac Support. Most important update?  (Read 10373 times)

djpetec

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Intel Duo Mac Support. Most important update?
« on: May 19, 2006, 06:50:51 pm »
I have spent 2k on upgrading to an Intel based MAC, MOTU Ultralite, Novation LE controller and invested in CS80-V, ARP2600V, MiniMg V and Mg Modular 2 V. :p

I really want to get on and start writing music but the plugins cause the CPU to max out and the standalone versions crash out alot.

Please can we see a possible time frame for release?

emery_reel

I could not agree more
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 02:22:53 pm »
I play in a band who used these instruments in a majority of our live performances.....i have had to load windows on both of my new macs in order to perform live.....this sucks!  I have been waiting for months!!!!!

Moogulator

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 06:51:33 pm »
same with me, I'd like it but, well.. I know that porting it to intel will take some time..

if some1 of arturia could tell us about the time of the update release. the modular V ist one of the 3 or 4 I plan to use on the intelbook for live.. so look ... it is important ;)

juanit0

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 08:23:07 am »
That's the main software I still need to be ready to do the work with my mac book pro, this is also the main synth I use for live performances. I hope it won't take too long, it's been a while already...

parasme

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 06:55:04 am »
Please Arturia, lots of us have changed over to Apple's Intel computers.
I made the switch because my G5 dual 2.5's value was falling everytime Apple released a new Intel model so I'm using a machine that I have to run windows on and I dont want to do that , I so much need CS80v, Arp2600, MiniMg and the invaluable Mg Modular V working on Mac Intel.

Please... please can we have updates? It has been a very patient long wait.

thank you.

afewster

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Intel Binaries
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 07:45:41 pm »
Great news today!

Elhardt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 09:00:16 am »
Arturia should release a universal binary of course.  But even more importantly, they should fix the damn bug infested product so it works on the current platforms.  Like fix all this stuff listed at the following link.  No reason to put out all this crap on an Intel Mac.

http://ns20209.ovh.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1454

Also, I don't know why people are so trendy as to have the latest model of everything.  If the dual G5 runs software that the new Intel Macs don't, there is no reason to change computers.  I'm still running a 450MHz G4, and it works just fine.  Just because it drops in value everytime Apple releases a new computer doesn't mean it works less well than the day I bought it.  Intel processors have a horrible archaic 1975 processor architecture.  When I heard apple was dropping the advanced PowerPC for Intel, not only did I want to throw up, but that was the thing that probably most discourages me from buying another Mac, now that they've turned into a PC.

-Elhardt

ngaio

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 11:01:24 pm »
A 450MHz G4!

ha ha ha haa ha

and it works fine!

aaah ha ha ha

thats funny

Now can we have our update please..

Elhardt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 01:20:21 am »
Note that I'm not running any Arturia stuff on my Mac.  I'm running MMV on a 2GHz PC.  The point is, just because the value of a computer drops doesn't mean it runs software any differently.  A dual G5 Mac is a powerful machine.  There's no reason somebody should uproot that and switch to the Mac/Intel at this point.

bensuthers

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 05:25:20 am »
elhardt. you're an idiot.

omissis

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2006, 10:21:56 am »
Quote from: "bensuthers"

Ok, laddie, back to school soon , the bell is ringing out  :roll:
Max

a CS-80Vist

Elhardt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2006, 11:15:41 am »
Quote from: "bensuthers"

No I'm not.  I made a clear and logical point.  There's no reason for somebody to get rid of a powerful computer that runs all of his software and replace it with a computer that doesn't run his software just because his old computer's resale value has dropped.  Duh.

Just coming on here and making child-like insults with nothing to back it up is totally inappropriate.

-Elhardt

OpenMind

Re: Intel Duo Mac Support. Most important update?
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2006, 02:36:39 am »
Quote from: "djpetec"
I have spent 2k on upgrading to an Intel based MAC, MOTU Ultralite, Novation LE controller and invested in CS80-V, ARP2600V, MiniMg V and Mg Modular 2 V. :p

I really want to get on and start writing music but the plugins cause the CPU to max out and the standalone versions crash out alot.

Please can we see a possible time frame for release?

I hope you noticed Arturia releasing various UB / Vst 2.4 updates?
MiniMg and CS80 are there already. I think (hope) the others will be released in a few weeks... including some major bug fixes :)
All Arturia synths , BRASS, Windows XP 32-bit & Windows 7 64-bit

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines