April 29, 2024, 03:31:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Patch bombs out MMV when patchcord is connected (Bug)  (Read 3963 times)

Elhardt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Patch bombs out MMV when patchcord is connected (Bug)
« on: March 28, 2006, 09:15:16 pm »
I'm finding an average of a bug a day when using MMV.  So here's adding to the list of bugs.

At the link below is a MMV version 2.0 patch that bombs out a couple of seconds after a patchcord is connected from the output of the noise module's hpf to one of the modulation inputs on the bandpass filter (filter 2).  After MMV bombs out, runing MMV again will get you some kind of error message about audio card not configured, and you need to quit MMV and run it yet again before it starts working again.  I gave it a .txt extension to try to avoid having an OS try to run it.

http://home.att.net/~synth6/TomitaStringsMarcatoNoisePWM9997F.txt

-Elhardt

MarkM

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 07:04:46 pm »
So Elhardt, I take it you don't like the MMV2.  That's too bad.

I like it a lot.  I use it quite a bit in live performance and don't have problems.  But I don't go looking for them.  If I did happen across one, I would work around it and Email Arturia about it.  The positives of this soft synth far, far outweigh the negatives.

Elhardt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 07:25:10 am »
I like many things about MMV2.  That's why I bought it in the first place.  I just don't like that it's such a bug-ridden application.

And I'm also not sure why you're defending Arturia here, and also seeming to imply that I'm out looking for bugs.  I'm just simply programming the sounds I want and then playing them.  Any bugs that have popped up are just those I run across by accident.  In fact that is the scarey part.  If I'm finding as many bugs as I am by accident, I'd hate to think how many I might find if I went out looking for them.  I had some guy (Sweep) in another thread, that like you, almost seems to imply that my MMV has bugs that yours doesn't.  Instead of varifying my bugs, I'm accused of having bugs others don't have.  I'm pretty sure Arturia didn't write a special version of MMV2 just for me.

Some bugs can be worked around, others can't.  I can use more oscs in a patch to avoid one of the hardsync bugs, but there's no work around for not being able to sync a sinewave osc in the first place.  A patch that bombs out when played or when a patch cable is connected isn't easy to work around because I can't even see why it's bombing out in the first place.

I've already emailed Arturia with my first couple of problems but have only gotten silence.  I thought there was one Arturia person on this forum, but have not seen him address any of my posts.  Perhaps I was wrong about that.  I'll continue to post here, and after I build up a large bug list I'll send it to them again.  It's too much a waste of time emailing them everytime I find a bug since they don't respond anyway.

-Elhardt

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines