April 28, 2024, 03:34:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MCC takes age to open  (Read 728 times)

kx3

MCC takes age to open
« on: June 01, 2023, 06:33:42 am »
No matter what, MCC takes age to initialize my MicroFreak. Plugged directly  in the computer (won't work at all with a good powered hub).
About 3m15sec to get responsive and the first 30sec almost freeze my Win10 up-to-date computer.

DBM

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: MCC takes age to open
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2023, 04:25:55 am »
Same as well as he 385-512 preset issue and can't load user samples  at all .
I'm on OSX 10.14 BTW if that correlates with anyone 

aljen

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2023, 07:44:14 am »
No matter what, MCC takes age to initialize my MicroFreak.

Same here. Tried on macOS Ventura (Mini M2 Pro) as well as Monterey (MacBook Pro 2016). At least the Mini is a freshly set up brand new one, so there are hardly incompatibilities to expect.

Plugged directly  in the computer (won't work at all with a good powered hub).

Confirmed here on both Mac computers as listed above. If plugged over a „server grade“ powered USB hub, no connection takes place at all. If plugged directly by USB 1 to 2 (Mini) or 3 (MBP) cable, it takes several minutes to establish the connection and show up the synth in the software.

The established connection seems to be unstable, too; while batch-transferring the presets, some of the presets are being omitted. I was able to re-transfer them one by one afterwards manually.

As for samples, I have transferred them one by one to the Microfreak. It took also a while, but it worked.

All the above is about USB MIDI connection. I haven’t tried the oldskool connection by MIDI interface and 5 pin DIN cables yet. Maybe it’s worth to give it a try.

The USB MIDI connection works with other Arturia instruments I happen to own without trouble: Matrixbrute, Drumbrute, Keystep, Keylab, all of them appear in the MIDI software almost instantly. Even if connected over the powered hub, by the way. So this must be a special Microfreak „feature“.

That said, thank you for the new firmware, anyway! After all, it’s somehow like getting a hardware update at no cost.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 07:50:16 am by aljen »

dudaah

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2023, 09:55:14 pm »
Was thinking about getting a second microfreak, especially now with sample support but was thinking it even before. But it's painfully slow connecting and sending stuff on my Mac with Big Sur with intel chip. Hopefully they can fix this soon. I have tried different cables, connected directly into the computer and not a hub etc and nothing seem to help. Saw in one forum that a keystep usb cable worked better. Question is, do you have any recommendation when it comes to usb cable specifications?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines