March 29, 2024, 02:21:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KeyLab 88 - One note hitting full "power" and continously hit if pressed halfway  (Read 523 times)

Proxi1980

Hello

I just noticed that one note one the keyboard, if I press it, it will go to full "power" and if I press it gently and hold it where it starts to hit (which is about halfway) it will basically hit a million times.

I made a mp3 file from it, where I recorded in 120 bpm and slowed it down to 30 bpm and it's going crazy... what could be causing this? This wasn't happening before. No other note is acting like this
And yes I already unplugged and plugged it back in
« Last Edit: May 20, 2023, 10:37:17 am by Proxi1980 »

Bluestreak

I have the same problem with my KE88. The lowest G key hits full strike, sometimes random/multiple hard key presses, or it'll even re-hit the key when I'm letting go. It's as if the inner switch is failing or not working correctly. If I set the keys to "LIN" instead of LOG it seems less noticeable, but it still does it.

If anyone has any ideas how to fix this, please share... TIA.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
All problems with keys retriggering/not triggering/triggering full velocity can usually be remedied by dismantling the unit and cleaning the keybed circuitboard. You may or may not feel confident about doing this yourself; it's entirely dependent on your level of expertise and confidence. If your controller is still under warranty, it's best just to ask for an exchange.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines