April 24, 2024, 11:49:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Presets not saving properly  (Read 866 times)

dontgodcj

• Apprentice
Presets not saving properly
« on: April 25, 2023, 10:11:46 pm »
I've lost so many sounds I loved due to this strange bug. This issue only showed up recently even though I've been on 2.0 since the release. Whenever I try to save a patch by holding save and the preset cell button, the preset reverts to init status. In most cases, the preset saves as init, but in some it saves the adjusted preset even though it reverts to init while adjusting the patch name. Let me know what I should do to help troubleshoot this!

StudioDeutz

Re: Presets not saving properly
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023, 12:32:08 pm »
Could be a user error.
Saving to a Init preset will first "show" what will be overwritten.
Try the following - do a quick save find an Init preset place - open the quick save and tripple tab the save button - and you are where you like to be.

dontgodcj

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2023, 03:39:44 pm »
Sorry if I wasn't clear, but it's not just the letters showing init. That is expected. The patch itself initialized. The sound is the init patch. It is no longer the patch I made.

StudioDeutz

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2023, 04:05:09 pm »
I think I did understand you.
I just went through it once more:
- Generated a random preset on bank 4 (e.g.)
- selected bank 2
- Hold Save and selected an Init preset
- Letters show "Generated" but the sound is "Init"
- pressed 7 for "OK"
- Letters read "Lead" (e.g.)
- pressed 7 for "OK" again
- Read "Generated"
- Plays the new preset
If it does not work that way something IS wrong.

But it is not the shortest - and maybe not the best way.

The way I am doing it:
- Sound design as pleased
- Snapshot
- Select an Init preset
- load snapshot  (it should be the second one not Memory)
- triple hit "Save"

That's it.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 08:23:42 am by StudioDeutz »

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2023, 06:09:01 pm »
I've never heard about sounds reverting to Init when saved before now.

It's worth mentioning that when you're in the saving process, you'll hear what's in the target slot - so there's a compare functionality there. I.e. if I save over an Init patch I'll hear the Init sound until the save process has been completed. Just mentioning that in case it's part of the issue(?)

Edit 1: Maybe that's what StudioDeutz mean by '..."show" what will be overwritten.'.

Edit 2: On the PB, we never have to lose sounds we're working on. The Snapshot feature stores the last 5 states of the edit buffer until you have successfully saved the sound. I.e. even if you accidentally load an existing patch while you edit, your old sound will be there in the Snapshots. You can read more about this in the manual "6.2. Snapshots".
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 06:35:31 pm by DrJustice »

dontgodcj

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2023, 06:42:53 pm »
Thank you all for your responses. One of the issues I had was that the sound was NOT loaded in the snapshots. This had saved me before, but when I went to check, none of them were there. They were all init sounds. I had a strange experience this last time where a snapshot was of an entirely different preset that sounded like the one I had lost the day before though. I can't be 100 percent certain it was, but it was very confusing.

I wonder if it's worth doing some sort of reset.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2023, 09:41:23 pm »
OK - that's strange behaviour indeed.

As for resets, there's the factory reset. It's safe to use as it only sets global parameters to their defaults  - could clear up some global state that is 'corrupted', obscure or not generally seen(?). Then there is re-flashing the firmware. Both of these actions have cleared up some strange and unexplainable behaviours in some cases.     

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines