April 27, 2024, 11:32:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: unable to edit analog lab V standalone midi configs and sends  (Read 609 times)

al91

Hi all,
I have a keylab 88 mk 2 running analog lab V standalone(5.7)  on windows 10.
Currently i have this really annoying problem of analog lab V, mapping the sustain (CC channel 64) to the string tension and sustain automatically by the software.
I had the same problem in piano V3 but i am able to remove the string tension from the sustain midi send.
i would like to know how do i edit/confgure the midi sends in analog lab V, cant seem to find the option to do so and will very much appreciate the help for someone to point me to the right direction.

LBH

Re: unable to edit analog lab V standalone midi configs and sends
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2023, 09:41:57 pm »
Hello,

Do you see any controls on Analog Labs GUI move, when you use your sustain pedal?

Do you have the issue, if you select Generic midi Config instead of your Arturia controller in Analog Labs MIDI page?
Be sure you see midi CC#64 is set to control the Sustain pedal in the map you will see.

What did you do in Piano V3 to fix it? You should not have had the issue to begin with - using default settings at least.
EDIT: A midi CC can't be assigned to multiple parameters, unless it's assigned to a Macro that's again has multiple parameters assigned to be controlled.EDIT END
« Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 10:31:06 pm by LBH »

al91

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2023, 05:27:22 pm »
hi there,
I am currently running a fresh install of analog lab V along with the keylab 88 mk2 fresh out of the box without any customised setting or macros.
After changing the controller profile to generic, i am able to see the different parameters but i don't see string tension nor sustain.
upon using the sustain pedal, i can see to the preset patch change notifcation itself. but not see anything else moving in the GUI.

In the 2nd image(sustain2.png) in the previous post, the default for midi cc#64(sustain pedal), is mapped to string tension.
however i am able to change the mapping to control sustain.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2023, 06:37:47 pm »
Are your issue that you are controlling two parameters at the same time? Or are you controlling Pitch only, when you should control Sustain only?

In your Piano V Midi Config i can see midi CC#64 is assigned to Sustain pedal. So it is in my Default factory mapping.
Are you saying, that if you change from Generic to Keylab mkII 88 MIDI Controller, then you don't control sustain only, with your Sustain pedal? If that's the case, then your issue seems to be about a faulty mapping for your sustain pedal or another error. In that case you can try to do a Factory reset for your controller following the directions in the controller manual to do so.

EDIT: Also be sure your controller is updated EDIT END
« Last Edit: April 13, 2023, 09:20:03 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines