April 19, 2024, 12:55:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Lab 5 Crashes Reaper (6.78) at startup while running Win 7  (Read 450 times)

AAVA

I guess what I'm looking for here is confirmation of what I believe has happened to my system.  Yes I'm still running Win 7 but it's been solid even while running all versions of Reaper up to and including the current version (6.78), Analog Lab 4 and up until recently Analog Lab 5. Analog Lab 5 now crashes Reaper at startup 99% of the time - and the rest of the time it hangs and crashes Reaper when a project using Lab 5 in launched. I've re-downloaded it and I'm pretty sure that when I installed Lab 5 a year ago it showed compatibility on the download page the way that Lab 4 still does to this day. MIDI Center no longer works on my system either at all. I've had all my Arturia software set to Auto update and I believe that my problems started right after those two plugins updated -  I'm think around the beginning of March or so.
So what I'm wondering is this: When I purchased the Keylab Essential 49 and downloaded Lab 4/5 and the other "free' labs - was Lab 5 a time dependent demo that was set to just stop working? I see they're asking $199 for it on the product page. Or did I actually get a working version with the purchase of the Keylab that's since been updated out of compatibility with Win 7 without any sort of notification or documentation? All I know is that for now I guess I'll just have to delete it and hope I can work with Lab 4. If Lab 5 has been surreptitiously updated out of compatibility with Win 7 I'm gonna be pretty pissed that no warning or consideration was given to those of us that might have projects that depend on that particular plugin.
UPDATE: I've uninstalled Lab 5 and Reaper boots but any project that Lab 5 was used on crashes Reaper immediately. This really sucks. Any input or opinions would be appreciated. By the way, I do have another brand new system that I use for audio recording but this older system is still quite useful - I'm just trying to figure out exactly what's going on with my Arturia software and Reaper on this machine.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 08:05:19 am by AAVA »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines