April 20, 2024, 07:29:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Logic | Problems customizing KeyLab Essential 61  (Read 413 times)

hartleyhu

Logic | Problems customizing KeyLab Essential 61
« on: March 13, 2023, 02:53:17 pm »
Hi all,

Recent purchaser of KeyLab Essential 61 and Logic, both of which I am still learning how to use.

I successfully set my KLE up in Logic following Arturia's instructions and it seems to be working properly, in general.

However, I'm going through a course book on Logic (David Namani's official guide) and, when I got to the chapter on using/customizing hardware controllers, something seems off:

- The first customization lesson involves setting up the keyboard pads to play Live Loops. On my first attempt, the customized pads did trigger the loops--but did so very inconsistently (sometimes the corresponding loops would respond, but sometimes they would not, and I could discern no reason for this). On my second attempt (following the same steps from zero), the pads did not appear to trigger any action at all. More bizarrely, on both attempts, after customizing the pads, several musical keys on the keyboard (towards the lower end) stopped producing notes entirely--even when I loaded another project. I had to delete the customizations to get the keyboard to work properly again.

- The second customization lesson involves customizing knobs to control various smart controls and plug-ins (filter cutoff, etc.). While I did manage to get the first two knobs to work as controls more or less as intended, I was unable to get the second knob to control two values on a project-wide basis. At this point, I realized that some musical keys were no longer responding (see previous bullet point) so I stopped for fear of further messing up the settings.

Does anyone have any idea what the origin of these issues might be and/or thoughts on a potential solution? I am wondering whether perhaps using Mackie Control/Arturia KLE 61 DAW In/Arturia KLE 61 DAW Out values when setting up the keyboard in Logic, as Arturia instructs, somehow results in limiting the customizability of the keyboard? (For example, because things are already mapped, meaning that remapping custom controls somehow breaks something in the original setup). My Logic course book does seem possibly to assume, for the lesson, that you will be setting up the keyboard from scratch. But I am really quite a novice and the technical workings are over my head, here.

Many thanks in advance for any advice.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 03:27:18 pm by hartleyhu »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines