March 28, 2024, 08:26:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Piano V3 bug: top velocity is zero when reloading  (Read 2173 times)

James Adamson

Piano V3 bug: top velocity is zero when reloading
« on: March 03, 2023, 11:30:52 am »
When a project with Piano V3 is reloaded in my DAW (FL Studio or Ableton Live- doesn't matter) the velocity graph is slightly messed up such that the highest velocity on the keyboard will produce no sound. Slightly dragging the last point on the graph will fix it.

This has been broken like this for quite a while but I'm only just submitting a bug report. I have checked with the Arturia Download Centre that I'm using the latest version.

I'm on Windows 10.

Audiosexual

• Apprentice
Re: Piano V3 bug: top velocity is zero when reloading
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2023, 05:28:45 am »
I have the same issue, and it happens also if you open up the plugin in its standalone version.

Loading another patch (and optionally returning back to the original patch) fixes it, but it will happen again on next load.

ottonis

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 01:05:44 pm »
I have exactly the same problem: When opening the standalone Piano V3 (connected to Keylab 88 mk 2), then loud notes simply won't play - they get muted. When I hit the keys softer, everything is normal.
Interestingly, this didn't happen when I started Piano V3 for the first time: it first did its automatic velocity curve calibration and then let me play as loud as I wanted - without any problems.
The next day, when I loaded/started Piano V3, this problem occurs, and ever since...

I definitely have the most recent software version since I downlaoaded and installed everything last weekend (=3 days ago).

THis bug is extremely annoying as it doesn't let me properly play this instrument at all.

Any kind of help would be terrific!

Kim Jinkings

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2023, 10:57:48 pm »
Same thing here...standalone and as AU. For now my workaround is using Apple Velocity Processor on Logic and Mainstage to avoid the top 127 velocity. Let's hope for a permanent fix

cuttime

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2023, 02:44:05 am »
Joined forums just to say I have the same problem. I hope to find a way to alert Arturia to this.

Rob Pinelli

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2023, 08:56:53 pm »
Logged in to report this and I see I'm not the only one.  Same issue here, couldn't figure out what was going on until I started playing softer and issue abated.  Re-did calibration and made sure top velocity registered at 127 and that fixed it, but may well come back on next time I run Piano.  It does not seem to happen when using the piano patches in Analog Lab V, only when using Piano V3 in standalone mode.  Please fix this, it's a real annoyance when playing!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines