April 24, 2024, 05:13:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Matrix Brute sending randomly pitch changes to DAW  (Read 1019 times)

DarkAndDistorted

• Apprentice
Matrix Brute sending randomly pitch changes to DAW
« on: February 23, 2023, 08:08:03 pm »
Hi all,

I noticed some days ago that my software instruments in Logic X are changing pitch when Matrix Brute is connected via USB and the track / instrument is selected.

Now I made some research and I can see in Logic's midi monitor window that MB is sending pitch data randomly to logic. (Even I'm not playing anything from MB)

How to fix this issue? Please help. I can't understand why this is happening.  ???

Is my MB broken? I have been using it about 9 months without any issues.

thark

• Apprentice
Re: Matrix Brute sending randomly pitch changes to DAW
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2023, 02:20:54 pm »
I had much the same problem some years ago on my Alesis QS6.1 synth. It would output midi pitch changes on it’s own. The solution to the problem was to replace the pitch wheel potentiometer. If you want to investigate this possibility, I would try cleaning the pitch pot first with some potentiometer cleaner like Deoxit. Be careful however. There are different kinds of Deoxit for different purposes. If memory servers, you want Deoxit F, or something like that. Sorry, I’m not near my tools at the moment.

DarkAndDistorted

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2023, 08:16:18 pm »
Thanks for the answer. I was thinking something similar. The device has warranty.

If the potentiometers are this bad, what it will be after the few years?

It might be something in the electronics too, bend range button changes the pitch if I touch the Pitch wheel first.
Even a small touching of the pitch wheel changes the note a semitone upwards and stays there.

I will shoot a video for the clarification.

D&D

thark

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2023, 02:17:03 pm »
That sounds pretty much like a dicky potentiometer, as the Brits might say. I would attempt to clean the pot with some Deoxit F5 (found it in my tool room) but that’s just me. I like to tinker. A simple pot cleaning might take only an hour. 55 minutes to remove and replace the cover and five minutes (if that) to clean the pot.

If you’re not inclined to open up your Matrixbrute then you could pursue getting a replacement since it’s still under warranty. It will take time however.

Good luck.

Keith

DarkAndDistorted

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2023, 02:14:51 pm »
I wrote about this to Arturia support. Let's see what's their suggestion.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines