April 20, 2024, 04:48:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Endless encoders are absolute only  (Read 1439 times)

styles01

• Apprentice
Endless encoders are absolute only
« on: February 08, 2023, 05:54:47 am »
In the mk2 (and your other controllers) encoders could switch between absolute and relative mode. here we have endless encoders that are forced into absolute only mode. Why not make them absolute knobs then? why is relative mode removed from control center?

sdsmusicman

Re: Endless encoders are absolute only
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023, 06:48:00 am »
I have the same question regarding the Minilab 3.  I found this thread by searching for an answer to this issue.  I will send an email to support and find out, then report back...

sdsmusicman

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2023, 08:13:48 am »
Confirmed by support that they are absolute mode only.  Returning it tomorrow and buying another product as a result.  Such a pity.....endless encoders with absolute mode only...while the product it comes after (Minilab mk2) has twice as many encoders and has relative mode where this doesn't.  And is cheaper than this.

I'm trying to be nice here but.....wow.

MK

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2023, 10:36:29 am »
Are you serious? MiniLab 3 only has absolute encoders, despite being endless knobs? That is pointless...

Hans1000

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2023, 06:59:09 pm »
Just a short note: Arturia added releativ modes to the minilab3 in the newest firmare 1.1

pmumble

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2023, 09:14:25 pm »
Relative encoder mode only works in user presets. You can't save them to the DAW or Arturia presets. Useless.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines