March 28, 2024, 01:15:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Could use some help since Arturia's Support is Absolutely Useless  (Read 1295 times)

Anthony c

Ive been trying to get help from Arturia support since the beginning of December but they only seem give partial responses and only respond back about once a month.  Worst support by far from any company I've ever dealt with.

I have a lot of clicks and pops with B-3 V2 in v collection 8.  They told me to uninstall and then reinstall.  This didn't work since it won't let me reinstall and the install keeps pausing at 100%.  They told me to deled and resinstall Arturia software which I did and it still has the same issue.  Keep in mind those two steps took me two months to get responses too.  Meanwhile my entire project is on hold waiting for support to help answer my questions.  I wish I could just get my money back for the v collection at this point and try a new plugin. 

If anyone would help out id greatly appreciate.

Im running Logic Pro on a new Mac studio Monterey

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Could use some help since Arturia's Support is Absolutely Useless
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023, 01:10:21 pm »
Sounds like you're running the same setup as me, except i'm not having issues with clicks and pops.
So we need to find out why.

1) Do you get clicks and pops when using just the B3 as a standalone, or is it when used as a plugin inside a DAW?

2) You haven't stated what audio interface you are using, and that could be the key.

3) Just by way of eliminating the variables have you tried what it's like directly out of the Mac Studio's speakers?

4) Are you sure you are running the M1-version of V Collection? V Collection 8 is previous-generation launched in December 2020, so before your Mac Studio, and if you restored it to your Mac Studio from such as a Time Machine backup from a previous Mac, you are probably using the Intel version, which runs less efficiently because it needs to be interpreted in real-time.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

anthony c

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2023, 07:55:52 pm »
1.  I only noticed it within the DAW and only with that one plugin B-3.  I dont have a way to test the standalone since I cant get the plugin to reinstall after uninstalling it.

2. im using a new apollo twin x

3. I havent tried this and at the moment I cant since I cant get the plugin to reisntall.  This is the main issue at this point.  I need to get it up and running so I can test it further and see if the popping is still there. 

4. I just got the mac studio in december and completely reinstalled everything from scratch.  Im not sure how to tell which version I am running.  If you can let me know how to check I can verify and let you know. 

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2023, 10:54:35 am »
Ok rather than installing via the Software Centre I would recommend just downloading it directly from the Downloads Page here:

https://dl.arturia.net/products/b-3-v/soft/B-3_V2__2_7_1_2983.pkg

Try that and see if it installs without error.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Anthony c

Could use some help since Arturia's Support is Absolutely Useless
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2023, 02:07:23 am »
I was able to reinstall it with that link. 

It is still cracking and popping.

Could this be my midi track I have recorded?  I never went back and tried re-recording it.  I assumed it was just midi data and that didn't really matter so I never wanted to have to completely rerecord two tracks on my song.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2023, 09:39:08 am »
I have responded to your PM
No, midi data contains no audio. So if the piano roll view looks fine, it should play fine.
Now that you have the instrument installed, go back to my first reply from six days ago and try some of the suggestions. Fundamentally this is just elementary sleuthing until you discover the root cause.

Anthony C

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2023, 03:50:29 pm »
It does not click when using it in standalone.

It still clicks when I play it back on my computer speakers.

I did fine that if I change a setting like if I turn off the reverb within the plugin and then turn it back on the clicking goes away for a short while.  After I play though the song for about 2 minutes it comes back.  This allowed me to bounce the track down with no clicking to at least have a useable track.  I still can't figure out why its creating this clicking noise though.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2023, 04:41:31 pm »
Try increasing your buffer size in Logic's settings to 128 or 256. The side effect is increased latency when you play, but unless you are a drummer, anything 256 or lower should be usable enough.

Anthony c

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2023, 08:34:05 pm »
I already put the buffer all
The way to 1024 and it still didn’t change anything

Matthieu_Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2023, 10:18:32 am »
Hello Anthony c
I'm sorry to hear that you experience such issue.
I must ask two things :
- Do you also have the clicks with the reverb bypassed
- If not, could you please give us your computer's specs?

I wonder if your issue is related to CPU spikes or not.
Kind regards.
QA Technician

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines