March 29, 2024, 08:48:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ASC on Mac (compared to Windows) - repeatedly asking for authorizations.  (Read 529 times)

JoeDuf

• Apprentice
Hello, first off I must give praises. V Collection is absolutely amazing. Have owned it since the large boxed product and printed manual days.

I have one small complaint / request for help on the Mac version only. Perhaps there is a work-around I'm not aware of.

On Windows when you click the "Update All" button for V-Collection inside ASC it simply downloads and installs everything. There are no login authorization requests. No prompts for installation paths since the previous installer had established that. Just one-click and smooth sailing. I can continue to work on other things while all product updates are applied perfectly in the background.

On Mac however, if you attempt the same operation, Mac OS will ask you for answers to multiple installation prompts and admin / root authorization requests for EVERY single individual product, which, for V Collection is over 25 products. This is incredibly tedious and many times prevents me from wanting to take the time to "babysit" the installer to apply updates.

Can anything be done to allow Mac OS Monterey or Ventura to just accept the Arturia ASC as the master root / admin process such that repeated logins and repeated requests for installation paths are NOT made (in other words so it works the way it works on Windows?) since it already contains previous installation path info, etc?

Regards,
--Joe

LBH

Re: ASC on Mac (compared to Windows) - repeatedly asking for authorizations.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2023, 05:48:42 pm »
Hello,

Windows user here.

Have you set the Preferences in ASC to "Silent install on your MAC"?

JoeDuf

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 12:09:39 am »
Either the devs added that recently to the Mac version, and by recently I mean since V Collection 7, or I'm just getting too old and forgot about that option under Preferences.

Either way problem solved! Thank you so much for the help! Working perfectly on the Mac now. 30+ items updating and I can finish cleaning up my "day job" mess while it all installs.

Wish you the best!

LBH

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2023, 06:46:24 pm »
Your welcome.
Hard to tell why the Silent install was'nt enabled. The important thing is it work now.

Cheers

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines