March 28, 2024, 08:49:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: About Kern Evil 9  (Read 3384 times)

The Cat59

About Kern Evil 9
« on: January 07, 2023, 05:24:03 pm »
Good morning everyone and sorry for the "delay"!
By the way Kern Evil 9, I read an old post from someone who asked how to patch the modular V that separates Kern Evil 9 1st impression and the 2nd, in this case the preset is already ready in the modular V3 presets ( Sample and Hold) very similar, but by default too fast, just slow it down a bit!
for the sequence that ends Kern Evil 9 3rd Impression I'm working on it, but I need your help...
first of all I invite you to watch this video which in my opinion is worth it, if you are not interested you can go directly to the end of the clip where there is the screen with the configuration to play the Sequence with the Modular V3 of this video I made a screenshot to be able to copy the exact position of the cables and knobs, unfortunately the images are not clear enough to clearly see the position of the knobs, especially those of the sequencer which are the ones that determine the notes that will play in the sequence
https://youtu.be/bgItRssH_bg
However, regardless of what sound the copied configuration outputs, there is a problem with the Sequencer and with the sequence that needs to be played...
and that's why I'm turning to you because I want to understand if it's possible to get around the problem I'm going to propose:
Here I have tried to attach an image that depicts the notes of the sequence to be played in music, as you can see it is three measures with 8 eighth notes each, a total of 24 notes which are also the steps of the sequencer, and up everything is fine here, because by setting the sequencer to L123, it will play the 3 sectors of 8 steps one after the other,
the problem arises for me when I go to change the position of the knobs to make the note of the score play at each step,
which if you can see, range from the first note which is a C which I have called C3 for convenience, up to the last note which is a F which I have called Fa0 for convenience, and herein lies the problem...
as you can guess from the image this sequence of notes embraces three octaves, and unless you know how to widen the Range, unfortunately the Modular V allows the movement from +12 semitones to -12 semitones therefore only two octaves!
At this point I ask you: did I miss something?
Or is a Fake represented in the video?
Thanks for your attention, I hope someone can help me solve the puzzle

LBH

Re: About Kern Evil 9
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2023, 07:20:43 pm »
Hello,

In the video the pitch of driver 1 is set with the cable output SEQ COLUMNS 4 - and not with the SEQ choice in the driver.
This is not a excact tuning method. It will not help you to get your 3 octave melody.

It's ie also possible to use a extra env that's triggered by a step in the sequencer to modulate a drivers pitch. Or a LFO or other things for that matter.

It is also possible to use up to 3 driver settings and to modulate different outputs. Each driver can be set to differnt octaves. If you are creative you perhaps can find a way to create your 3 octave sequence. I can't tell for sure.

FYI: You have posted in Modular V legacy forum, and not in the current Modular V forum.

The Cat59

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2023, 08:27:05 am »
Thanks a lot for the reply,
I think I understand what you mean,
I should connect three Drivers to the sequencer and tune each one differently to have the octaves I need to compose the melody of the sequence...
it will be hard but i will try,
thanks again and sorry but I'm not very familiar with the forum so I hooked on the old posts of the Preset Zone
Thank you
Franco

LBH

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2023, 05:44:49 pm »
Your welcome.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines