April 28, 2024, 09:09:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can't record on Ableton live 11 with minilab 3  (Read 776 times)

Duvodas

• Apprentice
Can't record on Ableton live 11 with minilab 3
« on: January 04, 2023, 01:20:39 am »
So, I am growing pretty frustrated because I cannot record anything on Ableton live using my minilab 3. I have followed the Asturia videos, and they make it seem so easy, yet their steps do not work for me.

On Ableton live, I have already gone to system preferences and synched with minilab.

Then, on minilab keyboard, I press shift prog to switch to Ableton live.

And...that is as far as I have been able to go.

When I go to plug-ins on Ableton Live, I do not see anything. I am guessing I am supposed to see the minilab plug-in?

I watched https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi_u5cv1ris. Whatever she is doing, does not work for me. Any help?

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Can't record on Ableton live 11 with minilab 3
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 12:43:52 pm »
Ok so I have zero experience with Ableton, but just so we're clear that we're talking about the same thing, there is no 'minilab plugin'.
Minilab comes with a licence for Arturia Analog Lab Intro, which you have to download via the Arturia Software Centre. (ASC). The ASC will download any software you are entitled to own. Then from Ableton you would access it as a virtual instrument via whatever the normal method is for assigning VIs to a midi track in Ableton. Also you can use Analog Lab standalone to turn your minilab into a 'hybrid' synthesizer.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Duvodas

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2023, 05:21:48 am »
Thank you, I figured it out.

Eth

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2023, 12:54:22 am »
But what was the solution? I'm having the same problem, none of my navigation pads are working in ableton.

Eth

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2023, 01:00:48 am »
I just wanted to say to make sure to enable the "link" button in Ableton! That fixed it for me.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines