April 28, 2024, 07:14:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Unlimited and more complex modulators  (Read 572 times)

molecooler

Unlimited and more complex modulators
« on: December 23, 2022, 10:13:05 pm »
I've barely started learning Pigments as i've only bought it a week or so ago but i'm looking to do more complex modulations than Pigments seems to allow me.

My previous go to synth was Massive X, which has the potential of being truly stunning, although that also has too few modulators. I like to program rhythmic loops, both percussive as well as melodic and find I run out of envelopes and LFO's quite quickly.

How about an unlimited number of modulators as well as more complex modulators...yes I know there is a combinator but that's still not enough. Possibly it's just me. I don't know the software that well yet but I don't think i'm missing out on too many functions.

Perhaps it would be good to add any parameter to the sequencer, that would be one way of adding complexity without adding modulators but i'm kinda getting frustrated at what it can do with one note.

What does everyone else think? What am I missing here?

stephenm

• Apprentice
Re: Unlimited and more complex modulators
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2022, 09:41:14 pm »
Are you aware that the Functions can be used as envelopes?  That gives you six total.

+1 on adding a lane to the sequencer.  Right now, the best option is to use the Velocity lane, which is a compromise.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines