March 29, 2024, 12:11:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MiniFuse 1 & PS5 Compatibility  (Read 745 times)

mlopes12

MiniFuse 1 & PS5 Compatibility
« on: December 14, 2022, 11:40:24 pm »
Hello all fellow forum users and hopefully Arturia,

I was wondering if anyone had any success with using the MiniFuse 1 DAC with the PS5. According to my research, the PS5 doesn't support USB Audio Class 2 (UAC2), only USB Audio Class 1 (UAC1). I have heard of certain manufacturers (JDS Labs) making a custom firmware that allows the device to operate in USB Audio Class 1 (UAC1) so they can be used with a device that doesn't support USB Audio Class 2 (UAC2). Has anyone heard of this being a possibility for the Arturia MiniFuse 1? Could it be too much to ask @arturia if this can be done?

https://blog.jdslabs.com/2021/10/new-cable-roundup-for-headsets-uac1-and-type-c/

TimArturia

• HardCore4Ever Dev
  • Global Moderator
Re: MiniFuse 1 & PS5 Compatibility
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 11:30:10 am »
Hello mlopes12,

Nice request indeed. I'm sad that the PS5 doesn't support USB Audio 2.

We are going to investigate the cost a such a feature, but I'd prefer Sony to implement UAC2 (which is already quite old) in their device, instead of us needing to implement an older protocol just for the PS5.

We are going to check, but do not expect us to deliver this feature, as it is a very specific usecase, which would force us to implement an old, now almost unused protocol.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 12:55:37 pm by TimArturia »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines