April 28, 2024, 02:31:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sequencer output recordable ?  (Read 682 times)

maddyman

Sequencer output recordable ?
« on: December 12, 2022, 08:08:03 pm »
Hi everybody,
I don't find a way to record the playing sequence as midi notes in Ableton live. The settings in PBC Global settings for Midi in and out are set to 1, and the Midi Track in Ableton is set to Midi channel 1 too.
If I record on that midi channel and play notes manually it will be recorded but if I let the sequenzer to its work not only on note will be recorded.
Has anybody an idea how to fix that?
Thank you all !
regards
martin

StudioDeutz

Re: Sequencer output recordable ?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2022, 03:54:34 pm »
I am not a DAW user - I record and manage midi and audio data in an AKAI MPCX - standard 5PinMIDI connection.
- No issue recording here
- Standard MIDI channel settings: Upper/General set to 1 in/1 out - Lower set to 2 in /2 out (a must until the issue with other channels are sorted- this is Arturia recommendation)
- MPCX Input accordingly to PB MIDI settings - other settings like Control/Track master is set active in the MPCX, but might be not important for DAWs
- Result: Besides notes the velocity is recorded - Note accuracy is not perfect (auto-quantizer set off in the MPCX and no swing in PB) - "note on" at about 2 tics (of 96 PPQN) late and "note off" at 100% gate length about 3 tics too long (so gate of 95 cuts off the note at about 3 tics early, which gives a clear "note on" for the next note, if required)
- to my taste nothing to be worried about - real time gives some sloppiness which sounds not too bad. And - no issue to be precise with the real time quantizer of the MPCX of course

Sorry, I do not have a clue - are you using USB or 5PinMIDI - might be interesting

maddyman

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2022, 07:19:22 pm »
Yes, now it works, don't ask me why - I just set the Lower set to 2 in /2 out. Perhaps that's the rason.
Thank you very much :-)

StudioDeutz

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2022, 03:20:46 pm »
As soon as you split the keyboard or use the sequencer PB switches to lower MIDI channel. It seems to be a basic understanding.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines