April 27, 2024, 02:43:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Unexpected error on GUI loading  (Read 1138 times)

Newcleus

• Apprentice
Unexpected error on GUI loading
« on: November 13, 2022, 04:02:52 pm »
Hi all.

I had Analog 4 installed but went ahead and installed V.  On loading I get this error (see screenshot).  This happens in standalone or when loading into Reaper.

I've reinstalled twice, restarted etc but it's having none of it.  Can anyone help?  :)

Newcleus

• Apprentice
Re: Unexpected error on GUI loading
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2022, 11:39:53 pm »
Reinstalled again and get this...  :(

Not impressed

Newcleus

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2022, 11:41:50 pm »
The purchase of V Collection 9 really depends on getting this fixed. 
Unless 9 will work with Analog Lab 4?...
Anyone?

LBH

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2022, 11:49:07 pm »
I suggest you contact Arturia support thru your Arturia acoount.

The error messages is not the same. But look like something is missing.

I don't have that issue.

I can only suggest you back up your resources, and then try to uninstall both Analog Lab 4 and Analog Lab 5, then restart your computer and install both Analog Lab 4 and 5 again.

I can also suggest you run a Windows SFC/ Scannow as administrator as you can read about on the web. This can repair Windows files if that has something to do with it.

But i'm not sure any of this will help. It can be about other things. Basicly you'll have to go through a troubleshooting to find the error. It look like it's a local error.
I presume you are sure, that you have'nt removed/ moved anything.

So perhaps it's easier to contact Arturia first. Perhaps they can get something out of the error messages.

Only applications made before Analog Lab 4 work in Analog Lab V.
But if you have uninstalled Analog Lab 4, then perhaps just install it again, and see if that helps. Analog Lab V can be installed and run alongside Analog Lab 4.

I can't do more than this.

Newcleus

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2022, 12:17:05 am »
Thanks.  I've tried support but a response doesn't seem to be forthcoming.

I'll try a reinstall of everything as I haven't yet made any significant setting changes.

Newcleus

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2022, 01:42:21 am »
Reinstall produced same errors.  :(

How often do Arturia support staff frequent this board?

Does V Collection 9 work fully in Analog Lab 4?  Would really like to buy Collection 9 but I now have doubts it'll work.  Is opening the entire Analog V program in my DAW the only way to open Collection 9 components? 
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 01:44:46 am by Newcleus »

LBH

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2022, 02:09:40 am »
Sorry - I meant only instruments made before ALV work in AL4. So there are instruments in VC9 that does'nt work in AL4.

Arturia unfortunately only reply in this forum sometimes as it is.
Normally Arturia reply in a day day except in weekends for Arturia to reply. Perhaps it's now 48 hours. But perhaps they are studying your issue.
You should have got a confirmation that you have a ticket with informations about reply time. If not then check your spam folder. Contact them again' if you have'nt got a confirmation.

Does V Collection 9 work fully in Analog Lab 4?  Would really like to buy Collection 9 but I now have doubts it'll work.  Is opening the entire Analog V program in my DAW the only way to open Collection 9 components? 
What do you mean with this? Are the error, when you try to open to edit an instrument? You need to own full applications to be able to edit them. If you don't own full application, then you are limited parameters made available in AL.
Is this your issue? I do think it's strange your applications does'nt show the normal opening view, and have wondered about it. So perhaps you can open ALV, but then you try something you can't?
But still you should only get a message, that you can't edit then.
You don't have to have full applications open to edit inside AL. You just have to own and install the full applications you wish to edit.
I actually assumed you knew this, as you said you updated AL4 to ALV. But perhaps not.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 02:15:44 am by LBH »

Newcleus

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2022, 11:31:28 am »
Current status:

I installed AL 5 from the downloadable zip file (rather than from the Software Centre) and it now opens both in standalone and in my DAW.  I do have to run it as Administrator though.  Not sure why this works but at least it does!  Looks like there's an installation issue of missing/unreferenced files when installing vis ASC.

I was just wondering that if I couldn't get AL5 to work, would I have been able to take full advantage of V Collection 9 in AL4.  At least AL 5 seems to be working now so I might buy it yet. :)

LBH

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2022, 12:44:58 pm »
Sometimes using the installer can give a different result. But the ASC install should work. I've installed through ASC.
Have'nt you installed on a Windows administrator account?

LBH

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2022, 03:52:51 pm »
At least AL 5 seems to be working now so I might buy it yet. :)
I must say, i'm not impressed with the informations you have been giving.
In example: ALV is a free update, if you own AL4. You made it look like you owned AL4. But apparantly you don't.
Also you don't answer questions.
I wonder about  this.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 04:00:44 pm by LBH »

Newcleus

• Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2022, 04:52:27 pm »
Okay, I'll answer some questions:

Are the error, when you try to open to edit an instrument?

No, as I mentioned, AL5 itself failed to load - either as a standalone or in my DAW - with the errors shown in the pics above.  I didn't get as far as editing the individual instruments but I wouldn't have tried of course s I would need the full V Collection.

You need to own full applications to be able to edit them. If you don't own full application, then you are limited parameters made available in AL.  Is this your issue?

No, as stated it is (was) not the issue.

I do think it's strange your applications does'nt show the normal opening view, and have wondered about it. So perhaps you can open ALV, but then you try something you can't?

As mentioned above I could not open AL 5.  It failed to run at all (with the errors shown above) either in standalone or in my DAW.

But still you should only get a message, that you can't edit then.  You don't have to have full applications open to edit inside AL. You just have to own and install the full applications you wish to edit.  I actually assumed you knew this, as you said you updated AL4 to ALV. But perhaps not.

AL 4 installed just fine.  AL 5 would install (seemingly) but produced the errors shown above.  It is running now by opening it with Admin privileges and having installed via download, rather than ASC.  Not sure why it needs Admin privileges as every other program I've ever installed on my machine doesn't require that.  :)

Looks like I'm up and running now so thanks to you and everyone who has helped.  Hope this made things a little clearer. :) :)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 10:29:51 pm by Newcleus »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines