April 27, 2024, 12:00:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Unusual noise  (Read 478 times)

monoKrome

• Apprentice
Unusual noise
« on: November 12, 2022, 01:39:59 pm »
I have Lab V installed on an android laptop running Win 10, it has an i5 core processor, I'm only using it for music software.  I run the USB out through a Yamaha MG10XU and have the MG10 driver installed on the laptop.  I'm using either a Minilab or one of a couple midi keyboards as controllers.  Works and sounds great, but sometimes while using a sound bank a noise will start to develop, not the usual kind or static or hiss but more like a sound file corruption, digital noise that gets worse until I choose another sound in Lab V, then it's gone.  Doesn't matter which controller I use, and it happens with a range of different sound files.   I have Lab 1 and 4, it happens with these as well.  Any thoughts?

LBH

Re: Unusual noise
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2022, 05:54:57 pm »
Hello,

Sound more like some kind of latency, overload, OS - or a technical issue to me - or about some settings somewhere. The oldest Analog Lab does'nt run very CPU heavy instruments as far as i recall.
I suggest you check if one of your CPU cores is overloaded, when it happens. Also check you USB connection and cable, and  be sure your PC is set to high performance mode and so on...

BTW - There are many i5 CPUs, so it's full name and specs like CPU base- and turbo speed tell more.
Also naming certain factory presets with issues, can tell if the preset is CPU heavy or perhaps have other issues.

monoKrome

• Apprentice
Re: Unusual noise
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2022, 05:30:12 pm »
I'll check that out thanks.  I don't think it's CPU overload as I'm only using this laptop for these programs and it runs 1% most of the time, but I'll post back with more system details.  I'll review the driver and see if it's up to date and 64bit, and if I can adjust the latency.  I still use a multitrack for recording and am just experimenting with the DAW, working out some bugs but so far I like the applications and the recording quality is excellent.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines