April 27, 2024, 09:14:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Not compatible with Logic 10.7.5  (Read 1250 times)

snapperharmer

• Apprentice
Not compatible with Logic 10.7.5
« on: November 03, 2022, 04:45:53 pm »
Hi there, I've just upgraded Logic to 10.7.5 and have found that Analog Lab V 5.5.2 has crashed validation - anyone else having this issue?

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Not compatible with Logic 10.7.5
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2022, 04:36:53 pm »
Welcome.

Personally, I haven't risked it yet, for the same reason I'm not yet going anywhere near MacOS13 (Ventura) with a ten-foot pole:

https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us/articles/6254040190108-Compatibility-with-macOS-Ventura

If you have a Time Machine backup (which you absolutely should have, considering how much security and peace of mind it will give you for the price of a cheap external drive), you can restore Logic 10.7.4 from that. Or if you followed Apple's own upgrading instructions and made a copy of your Logic 10.7.4 before you upgraded, you can re-install from that.

Failing all that, I think you're playing the waiting game, unless a re-scan of the plugins magically fixes things.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

snapperharmer

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2022, 11:38:52 am »
Thanks for that link! It's not my bread-and-butter otherwise I agree, I wouldn't have taken the gamble. Neither had I put 2+2 together and thought that it might be a Venture issue rather than a Logic issue. They were upgraded at about the same time.

The waiting game it is then :)

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2022, 10:07:08 am »
Never ever be that person first on the OS upgrading bandwagon when your workflows rely on third-party hardware/software, always wait for the mfrs of said hardware/software to give you the nod.
When version x.0 of a new OS drops (like the current MacOS 13.0), you are basically a free beta-tester.
Let it be someone else. Such as Arturia themselves.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

snapperharmer

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2022, 08:21:35 am »
How true! I'm in the photography / video business and always finish projects before any upgrades. Although I write some music for my own commercial video projects it's not mission-critical.

That said, I never fail to be amazed with how so much music software trips up at the first hint of any OS changes, with upgrades often taking months or years to appear, compared to photography and video tools which often get upgraded within days or weeks. Maybe it's a much smaller market with smaller resources? This is obviously a very subjective view, but I've seen it so many times.

I know Apple and others seed beta versions of new OS's well before release but maybe they could do more to support developers who still clearly struggle with the timeframes? We'd all win then!

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2022, 11:45:54 am »
Maybe it's a much smaller market with smaller resources? This is obviously a very subjective view, but I've seen it so many times.

I know Apple and others seed beta versions of new OS's well before release but maybe they could do more to support developers who still clearly struggle with the timeframes? We'd all win then!
I think this is the issue. Smaller developers like Arturia have to prioritise their workstreams, and spending time re-writing software and firmware to be compatible with the latest MacOS to satisfy a minority of their client-base is lower priority. To an extent we all live in a microcosm bounded by the things that are critically important to us, but the bigger picture for developers like Arturia who have many irons in the fire (too many OMHO) is that we are low priority compared to the majority of their customers who will be Windows users and Intel Mac users.

snapperharmer

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2022, 09:19:11 am »
Aha! Solved  :)

I couldn't quite believe that Analog Lab V would just stop working because of an OS upgrade to Ventura, so after a bit of digging I've fixed my problem which was the AU instrument not appearing in Logic. Everything else was there (Spitfire, Line 6, Komplete etc.) but not Arturia.

So I did a "Full Audio Unit Reset" (Logic Pro > Settings > Plugin Manager) and voila - Arturia has been restored as a software instrument and we're all happy again.

Hope this is useful for anyone else having a similar problem? Now I know it's one of the first things I'll try in the future...

John_D

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2022, 04:23:27 am »
Might consider adding "Solved" to the Subject

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines