April 27, 2024, 08:50:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Emulations of older acoustic keyboards  (Read 557 times)

Bristol_Fashion

• Apprentice
Emulations of older acoustic keyboards
« on: October 04, 2022, 02:15:25 pm »
I've recently bought a KL61 essential, have installed the bundled software and am totally amazed at the quality & effectivness of both the hardware and the sounds, especially the acoustic pianos and the mini Moog - fab!!
But does anyone have any advice for getting the the best sound of some older instruments. I'm particularly interested in getting the sound of an acoustic harpsichord as well as a forte-piano, ie the predecessor of the modern pianoforte.
Thanks.

LBH

Re: Emulations of older acoustic keyboards
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2022, 08:42:48 pm »
Hi,

You don't have many possibilities if you only have the bundled software with your controller that i think only include Analog Lab from Arturia.
You only have the parameters you can access in Analog Lab without having the full applications in which a preset is made.

You can ie search for "harpsi" in Analog Lab V, then you will get some sounds to use or work from.
And you can try to search for "forte" and "Piano" in Analog Lab V.
In TYPES you can try to look for plucked and percussive sounds.
The searches should give you an idea about which applications that might give the best result for you.
It also depend how many sounds you have in your Analog Lab.

The full application of Piano V3 have different piano models and parameters that you can edit to perhaps create something you can use. It would be nice to ie have a FortePiano/ Pianoforte and a Cembalo/ Harsichord model in Piano V.
I'm not sure it's possible to create the sounds you look for.
There is'nt certain models to create a Harpsichord or FortePiano/ Pianoforte. It's also instruments that does'nt sound in a certain way no matter which original instrument you use.

Also it depend on how good you are to create sounds with different kinds of synthesis, if you ie had the full V-Collection or other many other applications out there.

There are other applications out there, that have harsichords and Pianoforte sounds or libraries - like Pianoteq: https://www.modartt.com/free_stuff
Or sample libraries for samplers.
But again it depnds on what sound you excactly is looking for, and if it has to be as natural sounding as possible or not.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines