March 28, 2024, 10:37:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to map presets on pads with an Essential 49  (Read 1803 times)

jamessaintgray

• Apprentice
How to map presets on pads with an Essential 49
« on: September 28, 2022, 08:47:27 pm »
Hi guys,
My question may seem silly, but I can't find how to assign presets or sounds on the "fly" to the pads on an Essential 49.
Are the pads necessarily linked to the current preset and not assigned to another specific map?
For exemple, I would like to memorize my own drum samples on each pads for finger drumming, or use it to switch to this or this preset that I use in a song...
Thank you for your lights  ;)

Analog Lab V // Ableton 11 // Logic Pro 10.7

LBH

Re: How to map presets on pads with an Essential 49
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2022, 12:12:28 am »
Hi,

Keylab Essentials pads can send out messages like in example ProgramChange messages. What will happen when you send out a message depend on the individual application you send the message to.
How it work also depend on how and if the appplication can use the message at all.

In example Arturias applications have ways where it's possible to use ProgramChange messages to change to specific presets. Like when you have a Song with a list of presets up to 128 presets. There is a info box in ALVs manual about this.
This means that if you send a certain Bank+ProgramChange message with a pad, then you can select a specific preset.

Using the pads to load audio samples into an application require the application to somehow be able to do this, when it recieve a message you can send.

To play an application that use your audio samples simply require you set a pad to send the correct note message to the application.

Your controller have different Memories and Templates. So it's possible to have different controller mappings.

This is what's possible, and how things in generel work.

So you have to study how things work, and if it work in your individual applications.

There are allready lots of informations in forums and in manuals about all this.

In example read this sections in your controllers manual.
2.5. Pads
3.3. Customizing the Pads
3.1. Customize your perfect controller
Reading the Midi Control Center (MCC) manual can also help - also to use your controller.

As i don't have a Arturia controller i ie can't tell how fast and smooth shifting controller memories and templates work.

jamessaintgray

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2022, 09:04:05 pm »
Thanks a lot for your message LBH!
I have already read the user manual well #RTFM!
The "Midi Controler Center" application allows you to modify the behavior of the pads and to memorize the configuration, but that's not how I want to use the keyboard, but rather like a Maschine from NI...  but with Analog Lab V or directly on Ableton Live???
I will persist and I will find a solution!
Thank you for all

LBH

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2022, 12:34:12 am »
Your welcome.

The "Midi Controler Center" application allows you to modify the behavior of the pads and to memorize the configuration, but that's not how I want to use the keyboard, but rather like a Maschine from NI...  but with Analog Lab V or directly on Ableton Live???
And that's what you can.
NI Machine basicly work the same way. It's using the same midi messages.
Your Arturia controller and NI Machine does'nt store actual samples and preset sounds on the pads them self. The controls send out midi messages.
Your solution is availble in the info you allready have.

What you can do is to load a piece of software in your DAW and then play the sounds it can load using midi notes messages.
If Ableton lite have the Impulse plugin then just be sure your pads send out the midi note messages that trigger Impulses pads.
You can even just open Analog Lab in standalone mode and then you can play it's sounds using midi note messages.
It's the same that's going on in NI Machine.

Your Arturia controller have no onboard sounds for the keys and pads to play. Machine just use the midi notes a pad send to trigger internal software that could be Analog Lab for that matter.

What other way do you think there are i wonder. It does'nt sound like you think midi with software instruments equiptment solutions.

jamessaintgray

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2022, 11:00:12 am »
Your welcome.

And that's what you can.
NI Machine basicly work the same way. It's using the same midi messages.
Your Arturia controller and NI Machine does'nt store actual samples and preset sounds on the pads them self. The controls send out midi messages.
Your solution is availble in the info you allready have.

Good reflexion !!! I'll explore more this way !
Thank you  LBH

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines