March 28, 2024, 02:52:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Synclavier Crashes Cubase 12  (Read 2177 times)

Dai Williams

• Apprentice
Synclavier Crashes Cubase 12
« on: May 23, 2022, 01:04:46 pm »
I have just updated all my Arturia VST instruments using the Arturia Software Centre.
All seem to work except the Synclavier. Version 2.10.0
If used as a standalone instrument it works OK bit if used in a DAW (Cubase) it crashes the DAW immediately if the SCREEN button is pressed to edit a preset.
This happens with Cubase 12 Pro and Cubase 8.5.
I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall from the software centre with the same result.

Biomekkanik

• Apprentice
Re: Synclavier Crashes Cubase 12
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2022, 04:06:44 pm »
Yes, same here. Clicking "Screen" and Cubase just shuts down.
Nice if this could be fixed

Dai Williams

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2022, 06:09:43 pm »
I've raised a request with tech support who've recommended disabling or deleting the preferences within Cubase (you can do this from the screen that comes up when you restart Cubase after the crash).

Sadly this didn't work (and if you disable the preferences you will lose all the links to any projects you've been working on from the start-up screen).

I'll see what they say and keep you informed. 

Does your standalone version work OK?

Dai Williams

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2022, 06:13:44 pm »
...... also I queried why the screens shown in the latest available version of the manual don't match up with the screens displayed by the software.  This made me think that the software you can download from the Arturia Software Centre maybe wasn't the latest version.  But apparently it is - it's just that the manual hasn't been updated yet.

Dai Williams

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2022, 12:42:07 pm »
....... and I've just found to my cost that if you delete the project preferences you will lose all changes you've made to the Cubase toolbars and any settings for external generic controllers etc that you may have set up.  This all took me a while to restore so I'd think twice before trying this on your system.

Dai Williams

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2022, 03:14:42 pm »
I've had a few conversations with technical support who have replicated the crash in Cubase 12 (though not as frequently as it crashes on my setup).

Having updated to the latest version of Cubase 12 and having updated my graphics drivers the crash still occurs.

They have suggested that I revert to version 2.9 of Synclavier while a fix is investigated by the Q.A department.  This eariler version seems to work OK and I cannot replicate the crash - so it looks as if the problem is with the latest version of the Synclavier code.

I'll update as and when a fix is available.

NA

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2022, 05:41:11 pm »
The same happens in Ableton Live 11 too, and always has done on V Collection 8 and 9, on Live 10 or 11. Every other Arturia plugin behaves perfectly, but Synclavier is so guaranteed to crash I have learnt to always save my work before (re)opening the plugin to make edits >:-(

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines