March 29, 2024, 12:18:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sustain pedal sometimes causes notes in a chord to fire at full velocity  (Read 2321 times)

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
I'm having weird issues with random notes in chords sometimes triggering at full velocity, but only when using the sustain pedal, like you do on a real piano. Doesn't matter which preset. This bug seems to be carried forward from V2.
I woud blame my Keylab 88 controller or some other hardware issue, other than the bug doesn't manifest itself on any other VSTs, by Arturia or otherwise.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

francoise

I have'nt noticed the issue (old Yamaha CP-33 as main controller on Win 10). I tried with full chords on Keystep 37 but maybe not long enough.

Piano V3 calibration is a bit tricky and extremely important. I had to tweak the resulting "curve" mimicking the CP-33 curve in Pianoteq (you can drop different curve settings in Pianoteq).
For Keylab-88, it would be  [0, 14, 27, 37, 52, 72, 98, 113, 127; 1, 8, 24, 41, 65, 85, 106, 118, 127].
It would be a nice feature for Piano V3. I like the way you can tweak V3. It takes a lot of trial and error but it's quite transparent.

Cp-33 is old but the touch (I forgot the technical term) is heavy and that's the way I like it. I tried the newer CP73 and did not like it.

jenskd

I have the same issue: random velocity 127 notes when using the sustain pedal in Piano V standalone. The problem doesn't occur anywhere else - not in the Piano vst or in any other Arturia instrument. I have contacted Arturia support about this and they promised, that this would ved corrected in the next update. That's about three or four updates ago. Perhaps a firmware update for the Keylab 88 is needed?

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
I have the same issue: random velocity 127 notes when using the sustain pedal in Piano V standalone. The problem doesn't occur anywhere else - not in the Piano vst or in any other Arturia instrument. I have contacted Arturia support about this and they promised, that this would ved corrected in the next update. That's about three or four updates ago. Perhaps a firmware update for the Keylab 88 is needed?
Considering my KL88 is an older product, I don't think a firmware update will ever happen. Anyhow, if only one VST out of my collection of two dozen is affected, I'd be more likely to blame the VST not the controller.

Interesting point I hadn't observed when I made the first post: the piano presets in the new version of AL 5 do not suffer from this, it's just the actual Piano V itself.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Stephen Baker

I only get these velocity issues with the V3 Piano when I use my KEYLAB 88 as the controller. I don't have any issues using my Keylab 88 with any of the other Arturia vsts.

When I use my Nord Stage 2 as the controller it behaves perfectly. I like the V3 pianos alot!!

Stephen Baker

I forgot to add that I am running the latest firmware for the KEYLAB 88

jbenayas

I have'nt noticed the issue (old Yamaha CP-33 as main controller on Win 10). I tried with full chords on Keystep 37 but maybe not long enough.

I haven't had any problems so far either, with my Kawai ca99 as controller.

BobosCurse

Re: Sustain pedal sometimes causes notes in a chord to fire at full velocity
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2023, 04:45:21 pm »
Wow, this problem is almost a year old.  It's unplayable.  It's not an issue with my hardware, it's literally the only VST that does this.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines