March 29, 2024, 10:30:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: extremely low download speed  (Read 1662 times)

jgtena

extremely low download speed
« on: April 14, 2022, 01:09:57 am »
Due to extremely low speed at download, I have not been able to complete installation after more than 48 hr since the first of several attempts

sumo999

• Apprentice
Re: extremely low download speed
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 08:03:26 am »
Arturia is notorious for its slow servers but I've never had a download take this long - a few days so far, with timeout "download error" after interminable stalls

LBH

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 12:45:09 pm »
Hi,

The download was very fast for me. It took few seconds.
If a download take very long time, then i would stop the download - restart ASC and start another download. It should'nt take that long to download applications.
But yes sometimes when a new product is launched from a manufactor, then servers can be overloaded by many downloads at the same time.

EDIT:
It's also possible to download the installer. Like from here:
https://www.arturia.com/products/software-instruments/augmented-strings-intro/resources
Down the page.
EDIT END
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 01:22:19 pm by LBH »

prlj

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 03:47:16 pm »
Thanks for the reminder about the direct link. That's working for me.

The download via the Software Center took more than two days, and still won't complete. There's definitely an issue there.

LBH

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2022, 07:02:03 pm »
Thanks for the reminder about the direct link. That's working for me.

The download via the Software Center took more than two days, and still won't complete. There's definitely an issue there.
Great.

Your welcome.

jgtena

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2022, 08:21:43 pm »
Thanks to LBH ;D. The link to download Augmented STRINGS also works for me after several failed attempts to download directly from Arturia Software Center.

pbaarn

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2022, 09:22:29 pm »
No luck for me so far, after more than 10 tries, from ASC and the direct link. I guess it's a lottery until the initial hausse wears off. I'll just have to be patient.

Zed Lepplin

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2022, 05:12:21 pm »
Anyone know where the temporary download is located on a Macbook, so I can delete it and use the direct link to install?
I'm at around 90 percent download completion in ASC, but it keeps failing.
Found out it was storage space related. I started with 18GB free on my hard drive, now I only have 3GB and it keeps failing saying "Download Error."
I know the file can't be that big, and I haven't done anything else on my laptop since trying this.

I quit ASC and resume the download and the same thing keeps happening. I've tried finishing the DL over 8 times.

(Edit: I found a 16GB install .pkg created by ASC in my private .tmp folder, which was pretty hard to find. Deleted it and used the direct installer... wonder why ASC created a file that big, when the direct link is only a 3GB download ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 06:38:27 pm by Zed Lepplin »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines