April 25, 2024, 01:11:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 61 New sustain pedal and Midi control center not working.  (Read 4375 times)

Bangerang

• Apprentice
Hi
Keylab 61 Essentials
Midi Control center Firmware Revision 1.1.10
Windows 10 Home

I wrote in here as soon as I got my keyboard only to find out that the essentials keyboard has a sustained switch instead of an expression from 0 to 127. Inconvenient but I can live with it. I've been busy with other things but coming back to the controller I now find the pedal no longer works. As stated, the pedal is new so I doubt it is malfunctioning. The pole switch on the pedal makes no difference. I tried to edit the sustain function using the Midi Cointrol Center, but it hasn't worked yet. The Keylab is seen by the Controller software because a green indicator lights up when a key on the keyboard is pressed. Beyond that the software seems  to have lost functionality. When first installed changing parameters in the editor changed them on the keyboard. This no longer works. I can edit the sustain pedal parameters in the software but that no longer has any effect on the keyboard.

The key pressure while playing the controller is the best I have experience so far and it would be a shame to ditch it so I hope someone has a suggestion.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 01:55:04 am by Bangerang »

LBH

Re: Keylab 61 New sustain pedal and Midi control center not working.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2022, 06:28:20 pm »
Hi,

FYI: You have posted in a forum for legacy Keylab controllers.

You can try to follow section "2.13. Factory Reset" in the Keylab Essential manual 1.0.3 carefully to do a factory reset.
Then also try to reinstall Midi Control Center.
When you connect your pedal it should work out with the correct pole setting on your pedal and doing nothing else.

If that does'nt help, then please tell if the sustain does'nt work with a Stage-73 V2 piano  and perhaps also a Piano V2 factory preset in the standalone version of Analog Lab V?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 06:39:12 pm by LBH »

Bangerang

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 03:44:29 am »
Hi LBH
Sorry for posting in the wrong place.
Followed section 2.13:

To factory reset your KeyLab Essential, follow these simple steps:
• Make sure KeyLab Essential's USB cable is disconnected.
• Press and hold Oct+ and Oct- buttons.
• Insert the USB cable.
• The LCD screen will display a factory reset message.
• Confirm the reset by pressing the central knob.

Nothing happens while depressing the 2 octave buttons and holding them down. They have a reset label under them. The display just displays the octave settings. Then plugging in the USB while the octave buttons are depressed makes no difference to the display. Nothing happens.
Starting up Stage-73 V2 and trying to use the sustain pedal does nothing. Switching pedal poles does nothing. Un plugging the pedal and re plugging the pedal brings up the sustain setting in the midi display but the value is stuck at 0 or 127 and using the pedal doesn't change the values.

Are there any other checks?
There is no reason for the failure, no liquids spilt over the unit, good clean environment at room temperature, Keylab isn't in direct sunlight, hasn't been dropped etc.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 03:58:36 am by Bangerang »

Bangerang

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2022, 04:50:57 am »
Ok what is in the manual doesnt work for reset.

https://audiobyray.com/faq/how-do-i-reset-my-arturia-keylab-61/
Arturia KeyLab Issues with Firmware Update. If you’ve recently updated the firmware for your Arturia KeyLab, you may be experiencing an issue where the unit no longer boots in Performance mode. To fix this, simply do a factory reset by holding the + and – buttons while turning on the unit.

You get a message asking for a factory reset: Yes? Pushing the central nob under the display quickly twice seems to allow the keyboard to reset itself but I cant be sure. Editing in the MCC still does nothing and Stage-73 V2 doesn't work with the sustain pedal.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 04:53:26 am by Bangerang »

LBH

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2022, 12:17:34 pm »
Audiobyray is'nt Arturia or Arturia manual. You find the manual here: https://www.arturia.com/products/hybrid-synths/keylab-essential/resources

This is from the manual:
"2.13. Factory Reset
Sometimes you may wish to factory reset your KeyLab Essential. This will initialize the unit,
putting in its default state.
To factory reset your KeyLab Essential, follow these simple steps:
• Make sure KeyLab Essential's USB cable is disconnected.
• Press and hold Oct+ and Oct- buttons.
• Insert the USB cable.
• The LCD screen will display a factory reset message.
• Confirm the reset by pressing the central knob.

WARNING: Factory resetting your KeyLab Essential will clear all saved internal User maps. Be sure
to back up your settings using the Arturia Software Center."

I don't have a Arturia controller, but perhaps it's quite important to follow the guidelines carefully, including the thing about the USB cable.

If the Factory resest does'nt work, and the pedal does'nt work with in example Mini V3 either, then there can be something wrong with either your pedal/ cable or your controller. If you can, then test your pedal on other gear in s sustain connection.

Was your pedal an expression pedal? I seen to remember that from your other thread. I can't rule out, that has something to do with it either. That you have to ask Arturia support about.

Bangerang

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2022, 01:59:17 am »
Hi LBH thanks for your help.
The pedal is working, but around the wrong way.

Editing the MMC via the MCC no longer works.
Will get in touch with support.

Cheers.

Bangerang

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2022, 02:33:01 am »
Just got an email telling me Vessels52 had posted here. Visiting the topic didn't show anything new.

It's been a while so just some progress.
After a lot of time uninstalling, downloading and reinstalling the midi editor (numerous times) without success I contacted support. Support suggested I jump into the system. I started until the steps involved messing with my laptop's functionality at a fundamental level. I need my laptop for work so I ditched the support and just use the keyboard with my DAW. If I was doing live midi performances I would have returned the keyboard as midi editing via a computer is a great idea,.... when it works.

I solved the pedal problem using a 30 year old technique. It's as simple as putting the pedal in the minimum position, plugging it into the keyboard and switching the keyboard on. Well it sort of works. The sustain is either on or off which isn't too bad but I bought a new pedal not a switch.

The feeling of the keys is super, the quality of the samples is out of this world. Would I buy Arturia again, or recommend it to others,... not on your life.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines