April 30, 2024, 06:59:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: FIRMWARE 2.0 - Polybrute freezes intermittently while switch patches  (Read 4305 times)

bskjo1

• Apprentice
Re: FIRMWARE 2.0 - Polybrute freezes intermittently while switch patches
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2022, 08:13:13 pm »
I have reinstalled the firmware multiple times, using different computers, different cables, etc. to see if any of those variables are causing the problem. I also tried moving back to version 1.0.5.234, but it gave me an error message about presets. I’ve tried reinstalling all of the factory presets, as well as doing a factory reset. Nothing changes the behavior . . . I’ve not been able to listen to all of the presets yet because it locks up after several patches. Also, I should mention that PolyBrute Connect will occasionally say that I need to update the firmware to 2.0.0 and that the current firmware is 0.2.0. It reminds me of the way old computers would lock up if there was a corrupted file that was accessed.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 08:16:30 pm by bskjo1 »

bskjo1

• Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2022, 01:21:23 pm »
Here’s a video of the issue:

https://youtu.be/XhTW8vkPNyk

About to be fed up enough to send it back . . .

larioso

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2022, 03:15:57 pm »
Here’s a video of the issue:

https://youtu.be/XhTW8vkPNyk

About to be fed up enough to send it back . . .

Really good video and weird since I never had this changing presets.

Wild speculation - could be anything to do with what modulations are there in either what you leave as preset or going to as preset.

I try to elaborate why I suspect this.

I had two freezes like this, but while working with modulations on a factory preset. Inactivating certain nodes and activating others, to hear which part affect what in the sound.

Like you, even powering up again, and straight going to where I were - again a freeze.
But since never again.

What is discovered so far as acknowledged issues
- playing keys at the same time as receiving midi occasionally make hung notes.
- we have scanning of buttons in matrix as well

That there are unfortunate flaws that does not make it safe to press a key at any time, keyboard or matrix.

I have made 250 or so intermediate saves myself, not browsing so much factory presets.
But going through my own stuff, not once changing preset did I have an issue.
I've gone through them. one by one, page by page- never an issue.

So there I start to think it matters what is for processor to do and when asyncronous input from user.

And I probably did not use modulations enough in my own stuff for processor to have a problem. Maybe factory stuff has more difficult things to manage in realtime. I have not even started making morph stuff yet.

I cannot imagine what processor inside goes through in realtime regarding modulations, scanning buttons and keys, reading midi inputs etc. But some part of this is not failsafe it seems.

So if people get this - maybe take notes what did have active and what did you go to as preset when freeze occur.
Maybe we can reach a point that is easy to reproduce just about every time going between certain presets.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 03:20:05 pm by larioso »

Beethoven

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2022, 10:46:56 am »
I have reinstalled the firmware multiple times, using different computers, different cables, etc. to see if any of those variables are causing the problem. I also tried moving back to version 1.0.5.234, but it gave me an error message about presets. I’ve tried reinstalling all of the factory presets, as well as doing a factory reset. Nothing changes the behavior . . . I’ve not been able to listen to all of the presets yet because it locks up after several patches. Also, I should mention that PolyBrute Connect will occasionally say that I need to update the firmware to 2.0.0 and that the current firmware is 0.2.0. It reminds me of the way old computers would lock up if there was a corrupted file that was accessed.
Same here. Tried downgrading/resetting in the way you described and got the same results.
I also noticed that the sound quality of the patches went bad. The loudness went down and noise came up. (amount depending on patches - a very hearable example is 1B3). Did you notice that too?
Hope there will be a fix soon  :'(

AndyAndy

• Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2022, 12:29:59 pm »
You are not alone: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=108471.0

EricP

• Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2022, 01:53:34 pm »
Following instructions from support, I downgraded to previous version, then upgraded again to v2 and loaded the factory 2.0 presets. This fixed my problem.

The first time I upgraded to V2 (and then having frequent freeze issues) I did not load the 2.0 factory presets. Not sure if it makes a difference but is worth trying
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 02:13:58 pm by EricP »

darthdeus

• Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2022, 05:58:25 pm »
I tried reinstalling without downgrading which didn't help, then tried downgrading, upgrading again, factory resets and installing factory presets (for 2.0), which also seemed to not help, but seemingly only with the 1B1 preset (Ruthless Lead). I tried deleting that preset and haven't had the issue since.

Anyone else who fixed the issue who could try if that preset is problematic for them? I haven't tried reinstalling/restoring presets since then.

edit: Just to clarify, what happened to me was that touching the VCF envelope decay made the display freeze, although everything else kept working. I could still use everything and tweak knobs, just the display wouldn't update.

edit2: I uploaded a short video demonstrating it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1I34Y_ThTo ... I first load a few presets and show that the envelope updates, then at around 0:18 I load the broken "1B1 Rudess Lead" preset, and at around 0:23 trigger the bug by moving the VCF envelope. From then on the display, "Assign buttons", and "Presets/Mods/Sequencer/Morph" buttons are frozen. I then continue to switch presets to show that preset switching still works. You can see the LEDs on the panel update too (LFO ones for example).

I've also emailed a bunch of details to Arturia support. They seem to confirm that this is something that happens to a small number of users, but still waiting to hear if it's just a FW issue or HW :\
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 12:18:55 am by darthdeus »

AndyAndy

• Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2022, 11:19:02 pm »
Firmware Version 2.0.0.747 solved it to me, released in March 2022.

Hello,
the same here. Sometimes it works, when reconnected to computer via USB. But it hangs again and again.
Unstable  System, downgrade to earlier FW-Version,

Andy

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines