March 28, 2024, 12:17:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Request: Please allow UNDO after hitting "Randomize Notes"  (Read 945 times)

themixtape

• Apprentice
Request: Please allow UNDO after hitting "Randomize Notes"
« on: November 11, 2021, 12:21:14 am »
I can't believe this isn't possible. I made a cool sequence.... tried randomizing notes (within the scale) and the notes are all over the place (including too-high octaves). I can't undo it. I can only erase the sequence and start over. We NEED the ability to "UNDO" random notes in the sequence.

Also, can we have "Randomize Notes" not go THAT crazy? Can we constrain the notes to one or two octaves, at most? Maybe a shift option, and hitting the "Start" Key (such as C2) and the "End" key (such as C3)?

Thanks!!

Bullificateur

Re: Request: Please allow UNDO after hitting "Randomize Notes"
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2021, 02:39:27 am »
From the manual, section 6.3.6. Undo, page 124: "Undo will only undo Paste and Erase operations; it will not undo randomizing notes in a Pattern or any of the other Shift functions. Another way to undo changes is to restore a pattern to its original state by holding 'Shift' and pressing Save. this will undo all the xchanges you made since loading the project."

I tried it, it works. Mess with your (previously-saved) pattern then press SHIFT-SAVE. Message on screen confirms: "Pattern reloaded". Random edits are gone, original saved pattern is back.

I did look for something in MCC which would let you limit the random range but haven't seen it. Anyone know if this is possible? I agree it would be good, and makes sense musically.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines